Sever pain in abdominal area for months, doc can't find anything wrong.

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've had horrible stools (sometimes bloody), as well as severe cramping. Lately I've noticed a sharp pain on the left side of my belly button, and very severe pain on my lower left side. It's not appendicitis, and my doctors don't know what it is. Does anyone else have an idea? Some background, I'm a female, not pregnant, age 20.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Which tests have you had so far? I'm assuming you've undergone the standard blood tests, urine/stool, ultrasound, etc.?

• Posted

Yes, you're correct I've undergone all those tests, as well as three abdominal xrays. I got an internal and external ultrasound as well. All came back good, including my blood work.

• Posted

No I have not, I'm currently without insurance and already owe a lot of money to the hospitals, they also recommend I see a gastrointestinal doc

• Posted

Why don't you try with some OTC drugs and see if they helps. You should buy some H2 blockers at first and later on if problems do not resolve then buy some PPI's OTC. If the condition improves then you've got problems with stomach acid.

But the best thing to do would be to go for an endoscopy to see if you have Helyco Pylori. You could also get a blood work for H.P. 

I know that you don't have money but still try to get it somehow to check your condition. Don't panic, you are young and should not have major issues... it is extremly unlikely that you have developed a serious condition.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.