Sever Shortness of breath from 3 months

Posted , 2 users are following.

It all started 3 months ago when suddenly In office, I was feeling short of breath and was feeling that I am going to faint.  it lasted for few minutes and went away. It came back again after 3 days and since then I had severe shortness of breath on walking, eating, talking etc. I have made emergency visits to hospital as well where they took ecg and said all was normal. I have had ECG, Echo, TMT , lung function test, all blood tests which all came normal. Doctros are writing it off as Anxiety. After few weeks, I developed Sleep apnea due to this which is moderate at the moment.  I also get dull chest pressure in centre sometimes. Sometimes, when I sleep, I feel short of breath and wake up. Anyone had similar expericne.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

How many tests do you want,,, to tell you that you are O.K.  Have to ask ..... how do you know you are short of breathe if you are asleep.  Are you FAT or Thin ?  . 
    • Posted

Hi,

I have developed some central apnea during this time and my sleep study said the oxygen during sleep is desaturating and going to 80 levels. I have frequent awakenings gasping for breath.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.