sever upper right quadrant pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

For the last year it seems my body has started to reject food. When I eat I get vertigo within 15 minutes of the first couple bites. I usually vomit and get a sharp pain under my ribs on the right side. It also gets really hard and feels like something is swelling to the point it may explode. I have lost over 50lbs in the last 4 months. My blood test I'm told come out perfect. I'm getting desperate no doctors want to help.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi crystal! Do u keep A journal on what you eat? Cuz I kno if I eat red meat I'm in pain! I been having the stomach pain for almost 20 to 30 years.. It makes me throw up no I'll see you before ago and right in the middle right underneath my ribs it's really hard! In 2011 my stomach got so big it look like I was having twins! I went to Santa Barbara Stanford my local hospitals and for three years the dr. didn't kno want was happening. Went from 126 to 210 in the first year. 2013 a local Dr. When they took my gallbladder out the stones came out and they were plugging up my system pancreas my kidneys my whole system was down. Went back pack into surgery he really didn't explain to me what he did! But it worked. But I'm still having the stomach pain.. I have lost the weight down to145.. Has ur Dr checked everything not  just blood work doesn't seem right ! Good luck sweetie! Lettie smile 
    • Posted

Thank you for u the feed back. As far as food goes my diet is whatever I can manage to choke down. I have very little I can eat. My allergic reactions for food are endless. As far as more tests than just blood work, I can't get any doctor to run any. They strike it up as I'm too young and just mental or want attention. I am down to 124 lbs and weak enought on a daily basis i do not even drive.
  • Posted

Hi crystalDawn,

HAve you had an ultrasound scan. It could be that you have gallstones or stones in the bile duct. I know these parts of the digestive system can get inflamed and swell.

Go to your GP and ask for an ultrasound scan. Under the Patients Charter yo are entitled to a second opinion if you live in UK...best wishes... 

• Posted

hey, i know exactly how you feel ive been the same for the last 6 months nearly, my bloods are ok apart from my gamma gt is raised, ultrasound normal but yet severe pain to the point where i cant get out of bed and nausea and if i eat most things im vomiting, im in the process of getting a second opinion as it ruining my life. Where i live i feel like doctors just dont care, my last clinic appt they just said i didnt look well but to just hang in there! i think ive got a problem with the function of my gallbladder (this can happen with a normal ultrasound, no stones) and eating anything with a fat content makes me feel ten times worse..so ive just learnt if i hardly eat i tend to feel better.Ive lost nearly 2 stone since it suddenly started back in the summer, and i rely on a heavy amount of painkillers and anti emtics..which i know will cause my more problems the longer i take them (im only 25), but yet doctors dont care.

Ive tried to date nortriptiline which i couldnt tolerate due to it making my heart race and currently on gapabentin, which is doing nothing to help! hope you get some answers soon..let me know how you get on.

Rebecca x

• Posted

I'm so sorry to hear you are going through the same thing. It is something I would not wish on anyone not even an enemy. I hope you get the answers you need and soon, and I hope that someday someone can find a doctor that actually wants to help you get the answers.
  • Posted

It's horrible that we can't find doctors that care.  You keep looking for a doctor!  don't give up!  There are some out there.  There is nothing wrong with moving on to another doctor.  Just get your records when you go.  also, have you tried a natureopath?  Everytime my Dr. doesn't know what is going on, my Nautureopath hits it right on and helps me. 
    • Posted

GayleAn thank you for the incuragment and no I've not even Hurd of an Nautureopath I will look into it. I am desperate. If I don't get something figured out I won't be able to function on a daily basis.
  • Posted

Hi crystalDAWN

Just want to let you know I did not put anything untoward in my reply that was sent to the moderator..In fact, it was exactlty the same reply that went thro' to you???!

I sincerely hope you can get an answer to your problem..Life is not.much fun when your in  pain and can't enjoy your food.....my very best wishes....

• Posted

Lilian05079, I'm not sure what was sent that they reported it. no worries and thank you for the well wishes. It's nice to have some understanding.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.