Several different answers. Whats going on!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hey guys, i could really do with some advice. Im female 22. (163cm 68kg)

10 months ago i started having pain in my chest followed by numb left chest neck and arm, a number of symptoms followed this for 1 month including tingling, small and large painful electric shocks in my arms usually trigger by use of the arms aswell as loss of strength in my arms and waking up with no feeling in the arms also.... the docs at this stage tried to guess SVT... but left it question marked as no real evidence except a slight high heart rate in only 1 of my many ecg they did.

And nothing on the holter monitor.

9 months later this August.. yes its started up again but with different symptoms.. this time ive had yes still the cold and numbness is neck and arms, heaps of tingling pins and needles especially in my upper back but now ive been getting muscle twitches, itching intense prickle feeling on my skin that feels worse when touched by clothing etc can last all day. Ive had throbs in left head which then led to a symptom occuring.

I went to the doctor who then sent me to hospital. The doc at hospital said MS is highest on the list and got me in for an MRI.. which came up clear.

So to the Neurologist i went purely for him to rudely start talking like a psychologist then told me it was anxiety... of which i told him i havent been anxious or stressed im actually quiet happy..

My doctor wasnt to happy about this and is getting me to a psychologist to mark it of the list. My distress test is 17. 10 being lowest 50 being highest.

Now i heard my blood has just started reacting to insulin? This is new.

I dont know whats going on or what to do! Please help if you have any advice!

My doc said if not psychological then back to another Neurologist but this could take months between the 2

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I forgot to mention the symptoms did go into legs also but mainly this time around. More recently.

Ive had CT scan for neck injury. But was also clear.

I have Not had lumber puncture or spinal MRI.

• Posted

Hi, I want to say omg I could have written that. Have you had your vitamin B12 tested? I'm having move done Tuesday and an ECG. I actually have MS but my neurologist says my symptoms aren't ms driven. His words. I have same symptoms as you and with juddering/shaking sensations inside, I walk with crutches but I've had to buy a scooter and I have a wheelchair. Check out vitamin B12 deficiency symptoms. Wishing you good luck, I've been at this point before and that was before my ms diagnosis so I know the feeling of frustration and helplessness whilst you're in limbo. Keep in touch, be interested to see if we have the same thing. Kindest lorraine

• Posted

Hello lorraine, yes my B12 has usually been good but recently showed up slightly high.

My doctor is testing me for a cronic desease they may be affecting the soft tissue. By blood test next week.

Someone mentioned to me that it sounds like fibromyalgia?? (Just a friend who has family with this condition) But theres not a huge amount of info on this though the symptoms do sound similar.

And they dont have any info on how to manage such a thing etc.

Thank you for your info. May i ask is the requirment for mobility assistance due to these symptoms or the MS? I have not yet needed assistance with mobility but am aware that it could be something i may face in the future depending on what my condition is.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.