severe abdominal pain

Posted , 6 users are following.

Suffering with abdominal pain,lots of testing done.its not my gall bladder or my pancreas,they can't find the cause.starts in kidney area travels around to my abdomen ,it is severe enough I cannot work for the past 2 months.the pain also feels like a huge"stich'in your side ND won't let up.if anyone has any information it would be greatly appreciated. I also have degenerative disc disease.

Thanks in advance

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

That happened to me, even after gallbladder removed still get pain, nobody can explain it, then diagnosed with fibromyalgia, don't know if any of that helps, however you have to be persistent with doctors, tend to be fobbed off. Good luck
    • Posted

Hi tricia,read my response to the other ladies in this discussion, maybe that will help,I never would have imagined that my pain in the front of me could've come from my back...well now I know,I hope this helps you out.good luck!!
  • Posted

Hi. I had the same. After endoscopy found gastritis so pain still there. The pain is like stinging burning stitch type pain and goes from my left kidney round to my side. Had bloods done and apart from low folic acid and vety low vitamin D all is ok. Had abdominal scan and all organs are normal. Have been referred to rheumatologist as GP says I have fibromyalgia and these symptoms are part of that condition. Hope you get some better news
    • Posted

Yes I did get some answers nd hopefully (fingers crossed) I'm on the road to recovery. My disc disease in my back it seems that I had 2 bulging discs in my thoracic area,so they shot me up with cortisone nd so far so good.I still have to rest ND let it work,but I do feel better than before. I'M just hoping it continues nd I move forward!! Good luck with you nd I'll keep you in my prayers.
  • Posted

I have degenerative disc disease, and have had several surgeries,ended up with spinal fusion.

I have had pain in my left side for years, never goes, and the longer I stand up trying to do things the worse it gets.Yes, just like a stitch that never goes. I have inflammation of my spinal nerves, and think this is just one of the effects of that.

• Posted

Hi suzy,sorry your in so much pain, I think I found a diagnosis for mine and maybe it can help you too.Since I posted the other day ,I hope I am on the road to recovery. They shot up my thoracic spine where my disc were bulging ,with cortisone in 3 different vertabre.so far it has brought me alot of relief.you may want to ask your Dr if this is possible for you.just passing some info on what helped me.Good luck.!!🤗
    • Posted

Hi,

My disc disease is in my lumbar spine I have arthritis in my cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine.

Over the years I have had so many lots of spinal injections and none have helped, and I have found them so painful.

I am glad you have had some relief and hope this will be the answer for you.

• Posted

So are you suggesting that it could be something to do with my back, because I've told the doctors when I was a bit younger I damaged my back, but not one doctor has done any tests or even any notice of it, it's hard enough getting them to listen to you. Most of the time they have me diagnosed even before they see me, thanks toryg
    • Posted

I have an apointment for doctor this morning and I want some answers, let you all know how I get on, what his diagnosis is, or not! Being the usual lol🤕
    • Posted

Taking more bloods and put me on another course of ante biotics yawn yawn! He at first said there was nothing else they could try and I told him that I wasn't leaving until he helped in some way because pain was ridiculous, that's when he tiredly took bloods big disappointment , looking to change doctors because they are hopeless. Fibromyalgia is the worst condition ever!!!!! Thanks for asking cheers
    • Posted

Getting a dr to listen to you is half the battle,I went through that too ,all they wanted to do is say muscle strain take muscle relaxers. I then decided to get another opinion that's when they took the time to examine me ND do the necessary test,that is when it was discovered that it wasn't just a pulled muscle, degenerative disc disease... good luck trish
  • Posted

If you are suffering from all these problems so what are you waiting for go and take advice from experts and get the solution.
    • Posted

I have received an answer finally,now just to treat the problem nd keep on top of it. Thanks for your concern.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.