Severe abdominal pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've had severe abdominal pain both RIF and LIF and lower back pain for a few months now.

Several sets of varying blood tests have returned as normal

2 hospital admissions 

consisting of several sets of bloods - all normal

2 ultrasound scans - 1 unclear, 1normal

Abdominal and pelvic CT scan - Normal, however I had this scan on a sunday and was told that the radiologist's report said it was all clear after 55 mins despite being told it would take a few hours by the technicians.

Tried different painkillers, buscopan, laxido - no relief

Additional symtomps

Significant loss of apetite and nausea, vomitting 

Tried to persuade the hospital consultant to keep me admitted and investigate further and that the lack of answers was causing anxiety to which he replied: "you don't have cancer, you have no life threatning condition, you don't need to be here. The CT as I expected was all clear"

Any ideas on further investigations, or possible conditions that a CT would not pick up would be extremely appreciated. The lack of appetite is leaving me extremely weak, my life is starting to suffer as a result.

Please someone out there help...

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Oh. I didn't read far enough. See , someone else gave good suggestions before I even read your post ! Great !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.