Severe abdominal pain and vomiting blood!!!!!

Posted , 7 users are following.

I am a 19 year old male living in Roswell NM. I've had major pains in the lower right quadrant of my abdomen. I am vomiting blood on a regular basis and the hospital told me that nothing is wrong!! I can't hold food down and I can only drink small amounts of water. I may not be a doctor but I know this is very serious. The pain had been occurring for 4 weeks and is getting worse. I can't work, and my social life is suffering too. It feels like my gut is being crushed. I've gone to the ER 7 time and they tell me that nothing is wrong and they send me home. I am in so much pain that I can't sleep, and I've woken up my family many times by screaming in agony. Does anyone know what could be wrong? I am begging for some help, I don't know what could be wrong, the pain is very intense and is constant and getting worse.

1 like, 33 replies

33 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I went to the hospital in Artesia NM and I has to get my appendix, and gall bladder removed and I had a major tear in my esophagus I'm doing much better

• Posted

Wow, it just shows, that is really radical to need both out, guess infection set in, but a great relief for you to finally get a diagnoses and the emergecy treatment you needed. Glad to hear your improving, best wishes.rolleyes
    • Posted

My appendix had ruptured and peritonitis set in and my gal bladder was getting infected. I'm in so much less pain, it's ridiculous! I'm on a small dose of Vicodin
    • Posted

They stitched the tear in my esophagus. I can now drink water in small amounts, I can't eat anything but I'm being fed intravenously
    • Posted

l thought it sounded like infection, and peritonitus is a bad one, good job you got in and sorted when you did, its an emergecy situation with peritonitus, yuove really been in the wars.  No wonder you felt lousy.  Glad your improving, youll be just looking forward to being well enough to  go home, Take it easy, it will need you to rest up a few weeks to recover. Best Wishes.
  • Posted

AWww a speedy recovery Anthony, you mean you had these out like very recently?

Sue 

• Posted

I hope someone gave a stern talking to the emergency room personnel
    • Posted

When the ER released you, did they tell you to see you primary care physician? They should have. I went to the ER and they made me eat crackers and drink juice - it didn't resolve the issue at all but since I kept it down, they released me and told me to go home and continue eating. But they did tell me I needed to make an appt with my primary. I was pesistant - I contacted my primary and my surgeon - referred me to a GI. I still have some issues and waiting for test results but I am feeling a bit better. Bottom line: always be proactive - you know your body and what's normal for it - if someone says its normal and you know it's not, keep pushing
    • Posted

I'm still in the hospital. I don't get discharged for another week
  • Posted

Hi Anthony96,

Please tell me you have not gone to the same ER. If so, go to a different on if you have to drive 50 miles or see you family doctor for the referral.

• Posted

Am able to eat semi solid foods like mashed potatoes I have been released from the hospital, on low dose of Vicodin, and I can return to work in 2 weeks
    • Posted

Really good to hear your improving, your young and will soon be back to fitness, but youve been through a lot, bad luck it happened to you, good luck you were diagnosed and had emergency ops when you did, sure it saved your life.  Bet its good to be home and getting a fuss made of you. Take it easy, and good luck. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.