Severe abdominal pain between ribs and pain radiates in a circle to my back

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello

I have had abdominal pain for around 18 years on and off. I get severe pain in between my ribs which makes me feel really Ill and the pain radiates in a circle around my back.

Certain foods I know trigger it off which I avoid totally but despite me doing this I still get frequent pain a few times a week at least and for the last few weeks I have had it nearly every day.

When really bad, it can make me pass out and feel very sick.

Doctors seem to be baffled as to what it is, all I want it to know what it could be and what I could take when I do get it to stop the pain and feeling so Ill.

I try and take buscopan and painkillers but they just don't touch it. The only thing that helps is an extremely hot water bottle I put on my stomach, but it has to be so hot to actually do anything my stomach has burn Marks on it through the amount of times I have had to do this.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Thank you

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

joannafi sorry for what you are going through.have u done imaging tests to rule out other conditions? u get only pain and no other associated symptoms?i myslef struggling with passing gas since 6 months i can relate how u feel

• Posted

joannafi sorry for what you are going through.have u done imaging tests to rule out other conditions? u get only pain and no other associated symptoms?i myslef struggling with passing gas since 6 months i can relate how u feel

• Posted

It sounds like heartburn triggered by acid reflux. An endoscopy is warranted in your case. Consult a gastroenterologist.

You may find relief with PPIs like Nexium and antacids likd Gaviscon.

• Posted

I do same hot water bottle is always by my side.

Have a look on amazon they sell a koala bear hot water bottle cover that wraps around your stomach with velcro so u don't have to hold the bottle

My stomach has got really bad with that tho so now I use wen I full on pain

I take myn to work, town even carribean so I feel ur pain

I have blood in stool, dull pain in right side of leg an stomach so got a walking stick (shud have got crutches really)

Docs kept sayin ibs then turned out to be ulcerative colitis

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.