Severe acid reflux

Posted , 3 users are following.

anyone esle experiencing bad reflux funny feeling in face arms neck throat acid whoozing in throat chills constant nosise in stomach weight loss?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hallo Michelle....so sorry hat you are suffering all these awful symtoms...i have had reflux disease...from my early twenties....and i am a very much more older lady now....but i have suffered from some nasty problems...which were linked to it....which at the time...i thought could have nothing to.do with it....hiatus hernia...can cause very bad reflux...which can be helped by medication...but not cured....and other problems..which you would never think could be related....you dont say how long these problems have been bothering you...but i.feel sure they are now becoming a worry....i would suggest that you go to see your Dr....and tell him or her...the problems...you are having....please dont think that they will not take you serious!!...i feel sure they will...and will.look in to the matter...and find out...exactly what is going on....with your

digestive system....it is our power house!!...and when its not working like it should...we can suffer lots of problems .....related to it!!....so please make your Dr...your first port of call.....explain your symptoms....and then..he or she ...can investigate the cause.....one thing i can tell you.....that when the digestive system...is not working well....it does cause stress!....and this makes things worse....by triggering other symptoms..... which is caused by the stress.....please dont suffer in silence!!...please go.along and see your Dr....i feel sure...that he or she....will be the best person to.speak to....and help you through this worry....do please go, our bodies are like a machine...one bit starts not working properly....so its a triggers other parts ...to play up too....once the machine gets fixed...every thing else works fine again....take care!!....hope you get the help you need.......Shirley

• Posted

Hello Shirley,

yes this had been going on for already now for 6 months and yes Dr's know suppose to be scheduled for esophageal manometry test but in between that they say 7 days before the test you cannot take any of your meds which is making it worse and really am not doing that much better taking them. just sent an email to my doctor after going to the hospital on Saturday which they ran a lot of tests but said that I really needed to have this test on urgently sometimes I think doctors just don't want to address your concerns or they don't know what to do. however it's taking a toll on me and I do not want to have surgery I can't believe that they've allowed this to get out of whack like this and go on like this as long as I have been suffering through this but the same medication Omeprazole for so long one GI doctor just said I don't know what else to do I mean it's crazy and they don't want to put you in the hospital to spend money for whatever reason all I know is I'm losing a lot of weight and it's I'm getting terrified now and I'm suffering horribly I'm hoping that I can hold out for this test on the 8th to measure my acid level and go through this and eat not sleeping but thank you so much for responding it does help.

🙏

• Posted

Michelle ..i cant believe how long you have suffered...with out any real.help and treatment....its really is disgusting!!!the very least they could have done......is started some tests...to find the cause...i do not like it that you are losing weight....this should have motivated them into.doing..some thing ...because this is not a very good sign...and should be checked out soon has possible.....to find the cause....if they dont help!! You.must take the matter in.to your own hands...to.get the required help you need....do you.have a good family member..or a friend...who will help you?.....you must get them..to go with to.AandE...tell them you have been feeling really poorly....now!!!..and unable to cope any longer..with your situation..not a lie...because i pick up on how desperate you are ...and how unwell you.are feeling...take your medications with you...and explain they are not working....and exactly how bad you are feeling.....and how long you have been waiting for tests..do not forget...the weight loss....that alone is a huge worry!!.....hopefully you will see some one...who will see that you are very unwell...and they will admit you!!.....and carry out the tests you need...to find the cause.....please dont think,

. you are cheating or any thing like that!!... But i feel now your problem...is now urgent...because of your weight loss....and needs to be dealt with.......and deserved!!....do not wait till you lose more!!...sometimes...we have to take matters into our own hands...in.order to.make people aware...and get the help we need...if you have been so unwell... for that length of time...you need to be seen...tests done...and treatment...soon has possible... .make sure you take someone...with you to.A andE... Who can vouch for you....how long you.have been feeling unwell...and losing weight..... My very best thoughts are with you......Shirley.

• Posted

hi Michelle, sorry to hear you're going through this. I do get feelings in my neck, throat and face when my reflux is bad. right now I had a tight pinching feeling in the muscles around my throat and neck. sometimes it feels like ongoing tension and other times a bit more sharp and a brief pain which goes after a few seconds. I also get a tight feeling in my jaw where it joins as well as sometimes a sharp pinch on the inside of my jaw under my chin. the problem I have is I also get health anxiety so I'm really uptight when my reflux flares up. anxiety can cause so many horrible physical symptoms so I don't know if mine is the reflux or because of the anxiety.triggered by the reflux. I hope you get some answers soon. x

• Posted

Hello Genscott.

never thought I would be going through this right after retiring 33 years from health care loved helping others. Now 1 year later still fighting unable to keep weight on eating is a struggle. I pray Each day that I can maintain I do get panic attacks don't sleep it has wrecked me. I pray for each and every one of us that we will have a break through were still here we still have purpose! God bless us on our Journey.

Blessings.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.