Severe and frequent headaches

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm a 15 year old girl and I have severe and frequent headaches. The pain doesn't stay in one spot and often happens on both sides of my head. I've been having this for a year or two now. They often cause photosensitivity and hinder my day to day activities. I think these might just be migraines but I get them so often. Does anyone know a way to get rid of them/reduce the pain. It's often a mixture of burning and sapping settles one more than the other. The burning feels like I have heartburn I'm my head.

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Talk to your doctor about trying a Sphenocath. Sometimes it can take a few tries.
    • Posted

How safe is this? I know it's meant to like numbed a certain part in your braim, but how is it done? Has this been proved to be really useful?
    • Posted

If you google it you can read about a bunch of people's experiences. It doesn't work for everyone, but it does for a lot. It is safe in my opinion.. people get botox all the time to help with migraines. I would much rather do the Sphenocath. I had 3 of them and unfortunately it did not help mine but it was worth a shot.
  • Posted

What country are you in, Brittany? If you're in the UK, I can't find anything about sphenocaths in connection with the NHS. it's a new thing to me, too.
    • Posted

I'm in the US. I've heard a bit about it, but nothing extensive. I think it might be a realitivly new thing.
    • Posted

I'd definitely only try something new with advice from your primary care Dr.
  • Posted

If you have any ongoing health concerns, it's a good idea to let your Dr know, if only to have it on your medical medical record. The apparently, the commonest cause of headaches in women, of any age, is dehydration. Make sure you have plenty of fluids, ideally, water, without going crazy, because too much liquid is bad for you. Check online how much is best. When I was in my teens, I found this out, I seldom had headaches after drinking water regularly.

Try simple solutions first, including asking your Dr.

• Posted

Yes, I know. But I'm not quite sure if dehydration would cause 2 years of severe migraines. It's been suggested that they are stress related, and if they are, how can I lessen the frequency and severity of them?
    • Posted

Keep a written or typed record of all symptoms, it might help at Dr appointments. Do try increasing fluids, I had terrible headaches for a few years too. Look online for relaxation techniques, they might help, too. Try the non-invasive stuff first.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.