Severe Anxiety

Posted , 8 users are following.

Please help I am going to Glasgow tomorrow and coming back on Sunday but I am in an awful state, what am I going to do I am so scared of eating or drinking anything in case I get ill.  I just want to stay home I take Citalopram and Quitiapine but they dont seem to be helping what should I do

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

You need to help yourself! Anxiety is just lies! You need to ignore it and do these things anyway no matter how uncomfortable! It is the only way you will recover. Stop the what if thoughts! No more what if this happens? What if I'm like this forever?! Etc STOP!! They serve you no purpose you are letting the anxiety win! Your thoughts are ONLY figments of your imagination not truth! Remember that and get on with your day! You are fine!
  • Posted

Oh you poor love, I know how you feel as I'm scared to eat or drink feel sick all the time too.

Its so horrid!!

Try some rescue remedy it's herbal, I also have a quick sniff of smelling salts at times.

Hope it goes well for you. 😕

• Posted

I know exactly what you mean as I have been there and still am sometimes.  You have to try and stop thinking negatively.  Think about going there and having a great time and how proud you will feel on Sunday night that you have been, had a great time and nothing bad happened.  Try and remember to take deep breaths,  I tend to hold my breath when I am panicking,  I downloaded an app that I can listen to on my iPod to help with my breathing,  maybe that might help? Or listening to some music on the journey to distract yourself.  I know it is a battle to get yourself there but I find the worst is the anticipation of going and the negative thoughts but once you are there you will be fine and have a great time xx
  • Posted

Hi Jean.. i feel sorry for all these people who have anxiety including my self...i think maybe a change of scenery will do you good and you may feel different away from your surroundings...i took citalapram for a few days and felt terrible  so i stopped..Enjoy your time away..
  • Posted

Just come across this site in the last five minutes while trying to research painkillers I have been taking for three months ( long tec 60ml a day with a top up of oxy-norm every six hours ).I've been having panic attacks for two /three weeks and I've put it down to the medication have stopped the oxy-norm to try and cut down on side effects, found a site that deals with anxiety etc. and followed the advice about breathing         techniquesand have found this one quite  helpful breath in through your nose for count of four hold for five out again through the mouth for eight do for a couple of minutes or when you feel anxious. It can be very stressful  coping with it but I look at other people  smiling and laughing and think why should I not feel like that, it can be cured you just have to get  the right frame of mind .take a book of jokes or light hearted reading material or maybe you will be able to  strike up a conversation with a fellow traveller.Hope you have a  nice time away and can  report back when you return.
    • Posted

Hi Moira

Thanks for your advice and kind words, still dreading it but will let you know how it goes.

Jean

• Posted

You need to go and see the GP and ask to see a consultant called either professor Stud or Dr Ali Cuber  both are ginys ,don't Know how to spell that or Ali Cubers name but you will find them on the net ,you want A hysterectomy or hormone replacement.

my friend,my daughter in Lawcand my daughter have all been like you and they are now completely mental health free.

my daughter had these tests and had no oestrogen and had suffered like you for three years .read proffesor Studs papers and reports on the net ,and don't be fobbed of by GPS.

• Posted

I pray you get better and that God will give you want you need to live a normal life.

These illnesses are debilitating! The doctors don't understand.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.