Severe anxiety

Posted , 2 users are following.

i was mistakenly diagnosed with a tumour 2 years ago, (was a fibroid), since then my anxiety is out of control. I don’t cope with any health issues at all. I especially lose my mind when my children are unwell. I feel like I’m living at the doctor & the hospital. 3 months ago I was so constipated, I was in so much pain & bleeding from hemorroids, I went to the Dr who told me to take laxatives & she was pretty sure the bleeding was my hemorroids, she also booked me in to see a bowel surgeon. I’ve changed my diet & having more fibre, but I’m still not going normally. I went back to the Dr 3 weeks ago as I had a terrible pain in my right side, it’s a constant stitch. Dr checks me over & thinks I have a UTI but just to wait & see, she also prescribed me escitalopram for my anxiety. over the weekend I felt worse, having bouts of diarrhoea & I was in so much pain. I went to ER on Sunday night, after 2 & 1/2 hours diagnosed with a UTI & sent home. On the Monday I felt worse & went back to ER, waited the same time however I overheard the Dr say, “she hasn’t even been taking the antibiotics for 24hrs” he then left without seeing me! I went to my Dr on Tuesday who said the pain is unusual & sends me for a CT scan. While in the waiting room I lost my mind & cried & cried. The staff were wonderful & helped me through. I got my results late afternoon & everything is fine. While that has helped my anxiety the pain is still there & im still having toilet problems. I’m sure most of my symptoms are from the escitalopram, nausea heart palpitations, diarrhoea bad dreams, dry mouth, but This is week 4 & I feel like I’m losing my mind!!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi. I feel you. I am having anxiety too most of the time. I would suggest that you see another doctor for a second opinion so atleast you can compare their diagnosis with you. I would like to share to you some of the things that I do when I am having anxiety. Everytime I feel anxious, I would like to busy my mind with chores or do some arts and stuff. With these, it makes me calm and let my mind focus on something than the all my health issues.
  • Posted

Hi, that's horrible what you're going through, although anxiety does create a lot of health issues but not as chronic as yours. I would get a second opinion asap and get a full and proper diagnosis. Hope you get sorted soon .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.