Severe anxiety and depression

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've recently upped my dosage of paroxetine to 30mg following the doctors advice. I'm on day 6 of 30mg and wondered how long it would take for me to get back to "normal". I was in 20mg but it suddenly stopped working 3 1/2 months ago and I had a suicidal episode. Since then I have been living in fear and am constantly in edge. I am a single mum to a 16m girl and I just want to get back to normal and be a good mum. Please help if anyone has any experience of upping their dosage!

I am scared of being on my own in case I have another episode like the one 3 months ago where I had to be taken to hospital. It was very traumatic and has ruined my life. I know I don't want to kill myself, I wouldn't do that to my daughter or family, I just get strong waves sometimes and feel exceptionally low. I know this has occurred because of a mess up of my medication, when weaning me off the tablets, the doctor I'll advised me to cut them in half. I now know this was a stupid thing to do. I just wondered how long it will take me to even out or if I'm ever going to get back to " normal" sad

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sophie, have you thought of speaking to someone like Theapist  it might be helpful.redface
    • Posted

Hi, Yes I have just started seeing a therapist who comes to my house but at £55 an hour, I can't afford to do it for much longer sad
  • Posted

Hi Sophie I've never spoke to anyone on paroxatine the same as me. It's very difficult to up and lower your dosage on this drug as its so addictive. How long you actually been on it all together Hun
    • Posted

A year and a half on 20mg, very bad episode 3 1/2 months ago when doctor I'll advised me to half the pill itself. Have now been on 30mg for 6 days. Please tell me it gets better!!
    • Posted

Was he trying to get you off it Hun is that why he said half the pill ?
    • Posted

I need to up mine but scared to

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.