Severe Anxiety Attacks, help?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi all,

Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I've been struggling with really bad anxiety and depression for the past two years, recently I have had to apply for extensions on my degree and work from home - which has helped to lessen the anxiety in that area.

Although, I'm a Web Designer three days a week which goes along with my course and I'm now struggling to work and I don't know what to do. I don't want to go, I just want to stay in bed and never leave. The thought of seeing my manager gives me severe anxiety, the thought of having to go to design meetings give me anxiety, the thought of giving website training or having to go out to do some photography for a school gives me anxiety. When I do something wrong at work, or annoy a customer or anything that is bad or doesn't look good on me I instantly have severe anxiety attacks. I can't breathe, and I want to quit and stay in bed. I don't know what to do.

When I feel like this it all moves really quickly and suddenly I feel really depressed, then I feel really suicidal and then I get scared.

2 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Do you have a therapist or a counsellor or someone who is trained to help?
    • Posted

Not at the moment, I had one around 4 months ago but the NHS only allowed for 12 sessions and I can't afford it private
    • Posted

Have you heard of or thought about online therapy?

• Posted

Ive thought about it but I feel like I need someone physically there. To be there when I cry etc sad
    • Posted

Are you sure? There are options that offer it over webcam and skype. Would that help?
  • Posted

are you taking any medication that would help the situation?

rich

• Posted

I am currently getting CBT on the NHS my councellor has said that after 6 sessions if I am not getting any benefit from it then I can go to the next level which is seeing a psych etc.

Did you not get that option because you would think therapy would give you the tools to learn how to cope with anxiety.

Are you on medication?

• Posted

Hi there I'm sorry you are feelng so bad just now, but believe it you will get through this. I know when anxiety has you in it's grip you feel totally lost or at least I did, but you will survive. Go back to your GP, tell them how you feel. Another visit to a therapist might be of benefit to you. Try different breathing techniques they really can help. I saw a clinical hypnotherapist for a little while and that really helped with relaxing a bit more.I know it can be expensive but do some research to find out how much. You have to tell yourself it will pass, anxiety as someone else said thrives on fear and the more frightened you get the worse it gets. Take baby steps I know that's hard but little by little you will feel stronger and realise nothing bad is going to happen. Speak to your college/uni and your employer. Good luck with everything. I wish you well.cheesygrin
  • Posted

Maybe you need to go see a psychologist and if he or she thinks you may need to see a psychiatrist then I might would think about it, especially since you're feeling suicidal.
  • Posted

How are you feeling now?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.