Severe anxiety, disbelief from medical results?

Posted , 10 users are following.

Long story short, I'm in a consistently stressful/anxiety-causing situation. I don't have a way of getting out of it, and I've been to the doctors' offices far too often only to get the same results. Everything is fine past little curable things that go away in a day or two.

I've had EKG, blood pressure, blood tests both for vitamins/thyroid and for cardiac, monitors, x-rays, everything of the like.

I'm diagnosed with depression, generalized, and social anxiety.

My anxiety symptoms vary from day to day, but today has been the absolute worst. Long lasting chest pains, tightness, can't eat/drink, hard to swallow, headache, chills/hot flashes,  body aches, constant runs to the bathroom (even during classes!), blurry vision, nausea, IBS, severe breakouts/rashes, you name it--I've probably had it.

I should probably mention I'm 16 and trans as well in an unaccepting environment, which I know just adds to the stress.

Question here is--how can I believe that what the doctors are telling me is true, and how can I cope in a situation I'm physically incapable of getting out of? I'd really appreciate the help!

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Wow Yes you Definitly have some anxiety symptoms.... Please keep your head up I couldn't imagine going through being trans and people not being accepting..... I have such an issue with when people aren't accepting of things like this 😩😩😩
  • Posted

Sounds like you're experiencing the highest level of anxiety there is. If your situation remains the same I imagine your symtoms might stay toosad

I'm gay and also hiding from someone I'm very close to and whom I live with. I'm always worried and I think that causes my symtoms to always be here. I get body aches&head rushes mostly. It's hard to be out in one area of your life n closeted in another. But I'm older (29)and you're only 16! I hope things change for you soon, wish I could scoop you up and let you live with mesmile

• Posted

I appreciate the offer! lol Believe me when I say I've considered finding someplace else--especially lately! This kinda stuff happened before, like a year or two ago--even the multiple breakdowns in a day--and honestly?? I thought when it faded all was good! Guess not :\\ It's nice to have the support though, especially in knowing some of these symptoms are definite anxiety UvU
  • Posted

Sorry about all this, everything you just mentions i have been going throught for the past 8months. all the test i have done as well but my doctor said everything is normal physically, and i know for a fact there is something wrong with me.
    • Posted

I know right? Like, even with all of the tests--it feels like there's something there! Past the severe symptoms it's just--unbearable. Though it's comforting to know I'm not the only one going through this...I wish you the best, too.
    • Posted

Sorry your going through this , ive had all those same symptoms and are still having the tightness around my head and headaches and other head sensations , so trust me i kmow how you feel , anxiety is a nightmare seriously . Ive been struggling for about 6 months now and its been tough as nails i dont know how leople deal with it for so long i have felt scared and lonely dealing with this , hope you feel better soon
  • Posted

You will have a positive way out of all this, so do not feel trapped. Youre just young at this moment in time. Do you belong to a support group? Great idea for you. Do you have a therapist?  They need to teach you ways to self calm like cbt..cognitive behavioral therapy it's the first line of defense to panic attacks. You also need therapy to understand yourself and to self love yourself. You be you! But you need the self love first and foremost. You know you will get older and be able to find where you want to live and surround yourself with loving people. So dont worry about that. The panic attacks needs to be addressed with a professional. Theres a lot you need to undertand about anxiety and depression so you can manage it. The diagnosis sounds correct. Severe anxiety can produce real symptoms and effect your stomach . I hope everything goes well for you and wish you strength, courage and all the best. Be patient with yourself and the therapy..this stuff takes time to sort out.  Sometimes doctors do need to give anti anxiety medications, to take the edge off so you can properly function without all those raging anxiety symptoms. 
  • Posted

I have an eye condition that is amping my anxiety, so i understand about not being able to get out of the constant cycle of not worrying and anxiety. Im sorry you are having so much trouble,ive had panic attacks so i understand how awfil it can get. I do take anxiety meds although they only help so much. Maybe ask a doctor about medication.
  • Posted

Dont let other peoples judgements get you down. Its not worth your health mentally or physically.
  • Posted

You have anxiety,you have had test done and you are ok.

There is a switch in your brain that is broken it is telling you your in danger when your not.

Try therapy to help you cope with anxiety/panic.

Speak to your parents

Stay Strongmad

• Posted

i have the same feeling butth only difference is i feel lot of burps when i feel heaviness in my chest i burps for hours and i discuss with almost how many doctors and they say it to me its normal for me bcoz i don,t have gall bladder but it really sucks no medicine omeprazole lansoprazole esmoprazole no thing works for me----i feel heavy in my left side chest which makes me always worried ----i want to  be strong but some time when i see all of the other people  living happily makes me emotional and some time i cry to be very honest-----bcoz from last 3 and half years i am dealing with it daily make me to much weak-----still waiting for some magic medicine which will make my anxiety nill and i live happily again i will keep update you people if i find some thing which will really help 
  • Posted

I know exactly what you are going through and yes you have major Anxiety. I would seek help NOW and get on some Meds to help releve the pain.  Everyone one is different when it comes to meds but I take Seroquel and Xanax to help. 

Good luck, it will take time but it will slowley go away. 

• Posted

Hi, I've been exactly the same, I've had every test known to man and they are all clear. It's very hard for our brains to take in the fact that we can feel this bad without having some sort of major disease. But we can, and a lot of us do, it is an illness but it's to do with our mental health, usually caused by so many stresses it just takes its toll. I have had this on and off a couple of times in the last 12 yrs and I still don't believe the doctors until I've had every test then I finally admit to myself that I need to get some help with this. I'm due to see my doctor again on Monday and I'm going to ask him to put me on some antidepressants as right now I will do anything to feel better. Although I dont like the thought of needing these, I've had them before and they do work, and I know in a few weeks I will start to feel normal again. I hope this helps you to know that you can get over this and you will feel better, just ask your doctor the different ways you can get over this xxx
  • Posted

P.s. There is always going to be people in your life who won't accept you, whether your transaction or not, that's their narrow minded and extremely selfish choice, move away from those people and towards the people who do, Don't worry about those people, you get one and it's your privaledge to live it in a way that's makes you happy. Good luck xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.