Severe anxiety during pregnancy

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone,

I suffered from severe panic disorder during pregnancy and wondered if any mommas been through same here? Unfortunately my pregnancy been horrible and I couldn't enjoy a bit it was like having a very long panic attack for many months non stop. It was hard for me to function properly or even to eat, I would be sweating, shaking or puke from how panicky and anxious I was 24/7. It was very hard for me and postpartum isn't helping either I also suffer from pure ocd and I managed to convinced myself I messed up my baby from the constant anxiety since doctors told me same. Grateful if Any mommas been through extreme constant anxiety during pregnancy and baby is ok willing to share with me please? I feel i cant bare this panic anymore and I tried so many medications already. Please help me!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

I am so sorry you are going through this. I know how bad anxiety can get because I’ve had it all my life. I am older than you and I had three children who are doing just fine. They are grown adults.

are there any new mother groups that you know of? My daughter found some on Facebook I believe in her area and they are a great support for new mothers. It’s great to talk things out with other people who can help.

Also, I think it would help a lot if you got some counseling. You could even do it virtually if it’s hard to leave your house. Support is what you need right now.

Your baby is going to be OK. Yes they can feel or sense when the mother is anxious but it’s good to be aware of that so that you can. Find ways to calm yourself down when you’re with the baby. This is why getting some support would be great.

Always remember that practicing controlled breathing is key to obtaining a sense of calm especially with the baby. start searching for breathing exercises on YouTube and anxiety meditations.

and enjoy your baby! Think of what you are grateful for every single day. The baby stage goes fast, so don’t miss out on any precious moments! Take one day at a time. One moment at a time. Breathe!

Everything is going to be OK. I always remember when I felt somewhat anxious, I would hold my baby and sing lullabies. That was actually also calm me down. And babies love that closeness with mom!

It’s more important what you do now than you being anxious during pregnancy. Take care of yourself.

• Posted

Tina,

The fact that you are concerned about how your anxiety will affect your baby just shows that you are a caring and concerned Mum, so your baby will be fine.

Anxiety is horrible and hormones and lack of sleep and just general worry about the baby and sometimes lack of help can all make it worse.

It's important to speak to your doctor, maybe try another different medication, I did terribly on all the ones I had tried until they put me on mirt, sometimes it's quite a lot s trial and error until you find the right one, but once you do it is so helpful.

And just be sure to take any kind of help you can get, both for practical things (like hekp with the baby so you can take naps) and for things like therapy.

I hope you will feel a little better soon! x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.