Severe anxiety for 4 years, 21

Posted , 3 users are following.

Ive never spoken about this online before but have a read alot about anxiety while ive been suffering over the years. Ive always sufferd from depression when i was young but anxiety started around 17 when i used to smoke alot of cannabis, I randomly had a panic attack that lasted for days and  the feeling was truly unreal and ever since then ive been dealing with anxiety everyday just like that, i havent been diagnosed as i dont have much faith in my doctors but i have gone to my gp when it first happend and he did offer thearpy, but since then ive been battling alone.

its very life controlling, i dont do the things i used to do and its a constant worry and in my mind is life consuming, ive also devloped a dizziness for a couple years now which is 24/7 and keeps me out of touch with reality this coupled with anxiety is truely unbearable but somehow i keep pushing through life.

Anyone else have this sort of thing from a young age? what have you learnt from this? im looking to move country soon but i dont feel healthy to do so and wanted to see what advice is out there,

Thanks.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

sorry to hear you are struggling, slurps. i really strongly suggest you go back to your gp and ecplain the effects this has on your life, thinking, ability to engage, etc. you will need help to get this under control and to try to identify your triggers. a dictor's care would help you do that. especially if you're moving country, you will need some mental support for that. we who suffer anxiety ate usually highly sensitive and hyper aware of the sensations our bodies create - it can create more anxiety. vicious cycle! please seek help - you CAN get on top of it!

i would also emcourage you to give up caffeine, limit alcohol severely, stop stimulants use, and start doing some cardio - walk, run, bike, dance - and try some yoga for relaxation - tons of short workputs on youtube. once you start to work on the prevention side, you will already see results.

good luck!

• Posted

Can you download books? Anxiety cbt for dummies is a great tool. It can help you learn whats going in and actually what to do manage the anxiety. They have wonderful mediatations on utube you can try. With that said also let your GO know and if you dont like the gp get a new one. This is your lofe and you should be able to the doctors and feel confident they can help you manage your anxiety. Seems like its so hard in the UK to get proper help. In the states there is no cbt waiting lists or anything but some doctors arent good so you have to figure out who is best for yourself. There are also group therapies and you meet people just like you and a counselor works the group. But idk how the UK works hopefully you can at least download audio books. Better then reading the, so you can lay there or walk and listen iver and over. Feel better
  • Posted

Sounds like to me you have a panic disorder and you are stuck in constant fear leading to more panic attacks.. It is debilitating at least for me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.