Severe Anxiety?? Please help.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello

I'm sorry if this is a long message but i really need to just get everything out. I have been taking mitrazipine since January after being diagnosed with depression after a miscarriage. I was getting better until September when i started to feel a pain in my side, i had an ectopic pregnancy before so i knew it wasn't this but the pain was similiar.For some reason i had a voice in my head telling me it was cancer and i couldn't get rid of this fear. I was scared but didn't go to the doctor as i was going on holiday with my partner and mum and didn't want to let them down. On holiday i started feeling fearful over everything, the heat, feeling faint, always tired etc etc. I didn't tell anyone as i was scared of being admitted to a foreign hospital and no one understanding me. Back home i finally admitted to my partner how i was feeling and went to the doctors, i was diagnosed with IBS. Week later pain getting worse, went to A&E twice no help. Back to doctors where i was diagnosed with anxiety and given fluxetine? (prozac) and taken off mitrazipine. As soon as i started taking these i had pains in my chest, pain in my arms and legs (which have been diagnosed as panic attacks but I'm not sure) and a feeling of dread and suicidal thoughts. 3 weeks ago i took an overdose of paracetmol ended up on hospital told them the worries i was having about pain in my side, finally got a scan and they found a cyst on my ovary. Bit relieved, i thought that was the end of it all. In the hospital i couldn't sleep, thought it was just worry. 5 days later still no sleep. Went to doctor again referred to mental hospital, given diazapam. Felt better for a week, Since Sunday i have been waking up in a panic, numb arms, migranes, can't calm down for hours. The fear of cancer has been replaced by fears of a brain tumour or i think i may have given myself brain damage with taking the fluxetine. I wasn't taking them properly, i took 19 over a week as i wrongly thought they would calm me down. I'm sorry this message is long and all over the place, i just typed as i was thinking. Anybody experiencing the same? Please help

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hi sounds like your going through hell right now! You obviously have health anxiety and gad! I've have both too! And right now I'm in a great place but only 6 months ago I was the same as you couldn't sleep thought I had every condition going spent loads of money going private only to find it was the anxiety causing the lot! 

You need to find the right meds for you and when you do I promise you will feel better! The lack of sleep will defo make everything feel 10 times worse! I'm on 20 mg of citilapram and that works wonders for me but everyone is different! You sound very manic you must calm down do things you love and don't do things you hate! No more bloody overdose!!!! You have everything to live for life is very precious I know right now your finding it hard but remember your not alone you sound just like me only six months ago! You will get through this I promise I did and I would never of believed it take care get some sleep or just relax! ☺️

• Posted

Hi hum,

the doctor got it wrong doing a drug transfer from the mirt. Mirt is in it's own category and works much like any  other AD but mirt also blocks histamines. So when you went off you were literally assaulted by histamines. I'm not a doctor, I don't play one on tv but I happened onto this while going off a really painful withdrawal from mirt. You need to get some antihistamines and take as directed in the box, if it say dose every four hours do it, around the clock. It will really help you. You aren't going crazy. It's the drug. It's horrid to get off from, some doctors don't get it I went to three...they knew nothing.

so you aren't going crazy, you are in withdrawal from mirt, and you need to stop the histamine flow.

i wish you the best. Check back in and let me know how it's going. I'm thinking of you. Hugs girl....

• Posted

Thanks for your replies. I have been back on mitrazipine for almost 3 weeks. It might may be taking some time to get back in my system? I'm still really scared i have damaged my brain by switching meds and taking too much. 2 doctors have done tests shining lights in my eyes, making me do excercises etc. So they would have picked up if something was wrong with my brain right?. My doctors haven't been too helpful so far, when i couldn't sleep they directed me to a website sad. The doctor at the mental hospital seemed nice, he said he would write to my doctor suggesting that the mitrazipine be upped a dosage as i'm only on 15mg but he obviously didn't as my doctor has no knowledge of this. I feel like i can't trust any doctors sad

• Posted

Hi, wow, you sound just like me, I had a missed miscarriage back in march which sucked but I got over it, I then had a ectopic pregnancy in may which was very scary and have had health anxiety ever since my operation, I also don't trust doctors anymore. I'm now seeing a psychiatrist 
    • Posted

Ann, some doctor are good some are bad. I'm glad you are back on the mirt...for me getting a female doctor was importwnt I don't feel the guys can relate to womens health issues...just me...but I've tried both. You have done no damage from taking the drugs...they are out of your system now. 

The most sedating dose of mirtazapine is actually. 7.5, so the lower you go the more sedation you will feel. Some people say the higher dose helps with depression. So if it's anxiety I'd stick with the lower dose and if it's depression go up. For now until you feel stable stay exactly where you are. When you get stable you can move around but not now. And yes it takes about 3 weeks for the mirt to get back up to the right levels. Can you try some meditation and relaxation tapes on you tube? Can you try to stay in the now by not projecting what's next? Our own thoughts can scare us and it becomes a habit after a crisis event. I'm sure hoping things settle down and I know they will . This is only temporary....

💛💙💜💚❤️

• Posted

Hi Rose

Thanks so much for your help, i feel a bit better now. I'm just trying to convince myself that nothing is wrong and i just have to give myself time. I am going to try and do more things to relax as i have just been staying in bed all the time. Hopefully things will get better x

• Posted

Hi Alex. Thanks for reply. So sorry for what you have gone through, i can honestly say i know how you feel sad. Ectopic pregnancy is one of the worst and scariest things to happen to a woman, and i feel the after effects are not taking seriously enough. It was after mine all my problems started. Hope you feel better soon x

• Posted

Yea. Something has to be done about it, main reason I got anxiety after was because I was sent home day after op with no information on what pains are normal and how long recovery would be, I couldn't sleep because I was too afraid I wouldn't wake up, still suffering now, bad enough to have ectopic pregnancy. If there was more information about understanding ectopic pregnancy and after effects maybe wouldn't be like we are now?
  • Posted

I was the same. Was sent home, no painkillers. No offer of councelling, nothing. I was made to feel like it wasn't a big thing that had happened. I got comments such as "You're still young, you can try again" or "It could have been a lot worse".    Awful sad

• Posted

Yea I had 'oh you actually wanted the baby?!' i will never forget that comment, came out of the woman who operated on me! It's not that we are young and can try again, actually wanted that baby and it's still a loss. I got told to just take paracetamol and ibropufen but wasn't enough, I asked for oral morphine but they refused 
    • Posted

That's terrible. Makes you wonder why some doctors and nurses go into the profession. I had to beg for co codamol for pain sad

• Posted

My doctors have been great, just that gynaecologist that was horrible. I got codeine when I went to my regular doctors but they gave me bad headaches, I don't react well to alot of medication, oral morphine was great when I was in hospital which is why I wanted it at home whilst recovering, they should definitely allow it, reckon it will help alot of women get through the recovery alot easier. Thought I was only one to get anxiety after ectopic, your the first person I've spoken to in same situation 
    • Posted

At least you have good doctors. I haven't had much sympathy, changed doctors 3 times in 2 and a half years. I am looking into having some specific counselling regarding the ectopic and misscarriage. Found some good websites. Where are you from?

• Posted

I live in dorset uk, that's a good idea, I would get private but don't have the money and don't think nhs will pay for that, where are you from? 
    • Posted

I'm from Scotland. I googled miscarriage support and a couple of organisations came up. I know there is one in Glasgow. They just suggest a donation to you based on your income. There is probarly services like that in England too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.