Posted , 4 users are following.
It's the 2nd time i fell into severe b12 anemia, I've had most of the symptoms, pins and needles, cramps, digestive problems, depression, panic attacks, exhaustion, mental fog, metallic taste, dry mouth and troat and so forth, absolutely horrible, reached a point where I couldn't get out of bed.
Went to the doctor, explained her i already had b12 def.before (she even measured my blood pressure which was low), told her i was sleeping very badly and feeling tired. She reluctantly prescribed blood tests: b12 and folic acid.
B12 came in very high levels, folic acid very low, red blood cells were below normal.
Went to another doctor who knows i don't eat any meat, nor drink any milk, told him about the symptoms and that i started supplementing with 1000mcg sublingual and felt a little better. He told me to stop because the symptoms i was getting was actually from overdose which was the reason why in the blood test b12 came high.
Sure I'm not an idiot and didn't stop, in fact i doubled the dose, had i done what he told me i would probably be in the hospital or worse.
It's been 6months since i started supplementing with b12 and only 2 since i started taking 5000mcg. I did a lot of research on the subject and learned one can't overdose it.
Now my question are: I'm getting better, very slowly, but is it normal to be taking so long? Also still feel very tired in certain times of the month (being a young female).
Can i still take this dose or is too high or too low? I haven't done any more blood tests lately, it seems pointless cause they don't tell how my active levels really are.
I appreciate any guidance since I can't go anywhere else. Thank you.
1 like, 5 replies