Severe back pain.

Posted , 3 users are following.

My 11 year old son fell out of a tree about 6 months ago. Since then he has had mid-back pain that has been gradually getting worse. He has had an x-ray and has no fractures or any problems that have shown on the x-ray. I first took him to the GP about 2 months ago and I have taken him 4 times since then and they just prescribe ibuprofen and paracetamol. I also took him to A&E and they sent us to the out of hours GP who again prescribed paracetamol and ibuprofen which dont help him at all, and neither does ibuprofen gel, deep heat, radian b cream or hot and cold ice packs. Ive also tried a tens machine which he couldn't use due to the pain. The pain is now so severe that it wakes him up at night and it is there constantly. He has a blood test due tomorrow (18.7.17) and a paediatrician appointment in 2 months (urgent referral!) And is on the waiting list for physiotherapy. I am getting quite concerned as he is now having severe headaches and nose bleeds along with the back pain and neck pain. I dont know what else i can do to help him.

He also has a multicystic kidney on the left side and he has mild asthma.

Thanks for reading

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Drug abuse of painkillers can cause harmful things on the mind and body of the person using the material. Painkillers work by spoiling the brain's awareness of pain by required to opiate receptors. This inhibits with the signals conducted by the central anxious system to the brain. <a href="http://painkiller.website/">Buy Painkiller Online</a>

• Posted

Is the back pain in one place?

Does he have numbness or tingling or pain anywhere in his body.

He may have injured one of the discs. This hurts like hell, but will eventually get better on its own.

As long as he has no neurological symptoms, its not dangerous and doctors don't do anything about it, other than painkillers.

If he ever gets numb down below or if he experiences incontinence - go to A&E immediately.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.