severe back pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

Does anyone suffer with bad back pain

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hello Ross, yes i do. What do you want to know.

Elizabeth.

• Posted

Hi Elizabeth I just would like to know if anxiety could be causing this as its really painful and I havnt injured it 
    • Posted

Hello Ross, mine is not caused by anxiety thou anxiety can make the pain worse. Anxiety can cause physical pain, if you say you haven't injured your back this is possible. Give it a few days and if the pain is still there then go to the GP just to be sure. Back pain can have many causes without there being an injury. Where abouts is the pain and does it hurt to sit or stand? 

Elizabeth.

• Posted

When I sit down its the lower back when I'm stood its shooting sharp pains lower and upper 
    • Posted

This sounds like sciatica which is nerve pain. I have nerve pain and shooting pains are the symptoms. This is not caused by anxiety. This can last days or even weeks. I would have it checked at the Doctors. Pain killers is the only treatment and this type of pain will right itself eventually. I am not  Doctor but i have had chronic pain for a long time. Try rest and painkillers and if it's still there in a couple of days go to the GP. If you feel you need to go earlier then get it checked sooner.

Hope this helps.

Elizabeth.

• Posted

I was told by a neurologist that anxiety causes muscles to tighten and cause the back to hurt and the sciatic nerve to get piched and cause great pain. All from anxiety.
  • Posted

I have been having lower back pain with weakness in left leg. I do have mild bulging disk could this all be related or do I have something more serious to worry about.
  • Posted

I have the same exact problem. When i get tense the disk bulges and I have pain and weakness in leg. I was so scared in March when it happened. Perhaps an prthopedic could evaluate you and help with the symptoms.   My heart is with you my freind.  It is scary.
    • Posted

Thank you so much that makes me feel better. I had a MRI a few months ago an it showed 2 bulging disk with mild arthritis in lower back. Then about 5 weeks ago my left foot had like a numb sensation but numb to touch an weakness in my leg but no back pain till about 2 weeks ago then boom none stop back pain with weakness. Of course I google an find horrible things. I see the doctor on Friday an I'm prayin to god it's my back causing it. Very uncomfortable an very scary. If you don't mind me asking was yours similar an what treatment or test did you have.

Thanks

• Posted

I think you would be wise to get checked at the GP first and have a Xray to determine what is causing the pain and where it is coming from. There are some conflicting views and there is nothing wrong with peoples opinions, except you may get confused. We are not specailists here. Mine is physical causes but there are anxiety causes too. Hope this helps.

Best wishes.

Elizabeth. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.