Severe bloating preventing me from sleeping.

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have been bloated for the past 6 to 7 hours. Tonight I ate dinner unusually late because I got home late from work. I don't know if gas built up in my stomach. What should I do?? It's really uncomfortable and my stomach looks large. It feels unsettled too. I drank some liquid antacid. Hoping for some relief. Generally my symptoms are bloating, upset stomach, loose stools. I've been put on omeprazole. For others suffering with gastritis, what treatment are you on?? What foods are safe to eat and which do you avoid? What lifestyle changes have you made? July has not been a good month health wise. I didn't have any symptoms in June and thought I was doing better...but this month has really been rough. Every time I get an attack I become scared to eat...then I lose weight. I can't go on like this. Help!

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I had gastritis in January. You have to be careful what you eat.  Avoid acid producing foods like red meat, pop, cheese, caffeine.  Best to eat alkaline foods like vegetables, most fruits, 

you can get a whole list online by searching for acid and alkaline foods.

Stay hydrated with water.  

Dont overeat and best to eat small frequent meals. 

Reduce stress.

Take Care! 🌸🌸🌸

• Posted

Thanks for the advice! Is your gastritis cured? If so, how were you able to do that?

I had another attack this morning. Stomach felt unsettled. Had some slight abdominal cramping and a loose bowel movement. Now I'm super scared and worried. That's 4 attacks for July. I had been in remission (no attacks for a long time). I don't know why it's happening so frequently now. 

• Posted

Only problem nevsuggestion that worked for me   1 box  of cholestraymine which you need prescription for and Flora 50 billionio  critical care probiotic.  I had this for about Year and half, lots of tests all negative.   Do you still have your gullbladder.?
    • Posted

Yes I do still have my gallbladder. I don't get any pains. Just bloating, gas, nausea and loose stool. I had another attack this morning. Stomach felt unsettled. Had some slight abdominal cramping and a loose bowel movement. Now I'm super scared and worried. That's 4 attacks for July. I had been in remission (no attacks for a long time). I don't know why it's happening so frequently now. Is your gastritis fully cured now? Did you use any other treatment in addition to what you mentioned above? What does your diet consist of?

• Posted

Yes, everything is fine now never came back and I eat anything.   Try what I did and see what happens.   Try the probiotic first!
  • Posted

Do you have a food journal? It really helped me track down which foods triggered my nausea. You also can check online of the food you recorded whether or not it causes your gastritis to return. Also what food are you currently eating? There may be a handful that can make gastritis return, thus the journal to help pinpoint which. I am also using omeprazole, but it doesn't seem to do much even after 2 weeks. I hope you feel better! July has not been not kind to us. cheesygrin^;

• Posted

Yes I have a journal. Spicy food and caffeine have triggered symptoms as well as not eating on time and over-eating. I'm taking my meds and being very careful what I eat. August has been better than July so far. I'm just very gassy and burping a lot. I will try hot ginger tea or some Gas X capsules. 

• Posted

Phayszyme worked for me..Not sure I spelt it right..It's in the gas aisle and after i take that..I don't feel the bloating. Give it a shot. I suffer from stomach issues myself.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.