Severe breast bone pain

Posted , 7 users are following.

Iv been experiencing sharp back pains for 3 weeks now and also severe pain on my breast bone where pushing on it makes me want to cry under by breast top of my abdomen is very tender and also pain full on my ribs Iv had ultra sounds X-rays blood tests aparantly I've had every test going and they still Dnt know what is causing me the pain I was told I was constipated by one doctor then a urine infection any help here would be great

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Wish that I could help but I've had the same pains for four years now with no diagnosis.  At least I've figured out that it's not fatal.  Hope that you fare better!

• Posted

Jan,

Please be sure to read my post to Lauren. I sure hoe this will help you all!

Cj

• Posted

Hi lauren. I suffer with the same problem. Lasts for a few weeks. Disappears then comes back again. Doctors are no help at all

Just tell you to take ibuprofen.

Try googling COSTOCHONDRITIS.

I'ts inflammation of cartilage arond the ribs apparently. Don't really know what causes it. Just know it's painful. Hope this helps.

• Posted

Costochondritis (inflammation of rib/breast bone cartilage joint) is a good hint.

I had costochondritis, but it was painful when I was breathing in due to the stretch, exhaling was a relief.

So you can try to take a deep breath and see what happens. Knocking on the breast bone, where the cartilage attaches from rips, was painful too of course. It disappeared within a week. I had no radiating pain to the back or abdomen though (others have).

Stabbing pain in the back sounds a bit odd for costochondritis since it would radiate to back if at all.

But maybe there are two seperate issues?

Have you done any strain, any physical strain, that could have physically upset vertebras and rib cage?

Did docs look at bone/cartilage possibilities at all? (all seems more intestinal check up of organs)

• Posted

Maureen,

Plese be sure to read my post to Lauren, I hope it will help you also.

Cj

• Posted

I have the same problems, and no answers either. Still searching though. My GP said costochondritis, took steroids, still having the pains. Hope someone can help. 
    • Posted

Debbie,

Please be sure to read my post. Was also diagnosed with Costohondritis also, Steroids did not work and eventually testing ruled it out.

Cj

• Posted

Lauren,

I have had chest pains just as you are describing for three years now, started three years ago July. I have been told everything you can imagine from First sign of canceer to I am perfetly heathy with undescribed chest pain.

I have been to Mayo three times as well as done every test you talked about and more. End result there was just let it get worse so can be diagnosed, keep getting worse yearly. Have had tubes in my nose down to my stomach, Nerve testing, Gene testing to rule the cancer theory out, (which it did), Blood testing again and AGAIN....and AGAIN....MANY TIMES. and MANY MANY MORE test as well as many other places have looked at me and tested me.

I have done every pain pill out there, none have worked, been diagnosed with several things only to be told later that that was not what I have. Lost a job due to them.

I have done Natural Medicine also, Hyponosis, Acupuncture, Biofeedback, Message Therapy, Chiropractic, and more. Nothng has worked and the symptums have just kept comming, headaches, numb-tingly arms and legs, cant eat much at times.

About three months ago we began working with a Mechular Chemical Cellular Biologist (reads blood Chemistry), She read my blood work to find out that all my numbers are low, I am not absorbing any Neutrient or Chemicals that we normally have in our body make up. They can not even detect Magnesiumn, without this your body will not and can not use the minerals and chemicals you take in. I am low int Red blood cells and not producing them correctly.

She is working on getting my body back on track with a plan that she is making for me and me alone. I wish I have been doing this for a longer amount of time so I could tell you how well it is working. We do feel confident that we have finally gotten the answers we have been looking for and are in high hopes that we are comming to a end of stacking up the Doctor bills and watching the piles  getting smaller.

Good luck to you all hope this help you.

Cj      

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.