Severe chest pain constantly since yesterday please help :/

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am so worried right now I had a panic attack last night and the chest pain was so severe I thought I was havig a heart attack.

The pain in my chest is still really bad today. I'm trying to stay calm but I'm so worried. It's Allover my chest but more so on left side. it hurts when I take in deep breaths from my chest and just in general like when I'm walking around. Kinda relieved when laying down

I am so scared that this is my heart or lugs sad

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi, I also have had chest pains and palpitations for seven years now. All from aching/stabbing/stinging/crushing types of pains. They come and go, I have had all the tests which were ok. See your doctor if you concerned. Reassurance from test results should help....
  • Posted

Do you have any pepcid in the house? You might have heartburn that got a but out of hand.
    • Posted

I don't know what heart burn feels like I don't know if I've had it but no I don't have any Pepcid
    • Posted

Hi Justine I'm the exact same situation as u at the minute I was in hospital last night again thinking I was having a heart attack I'm so convinced they are missing something iv constantly got these chest pains so painful just underneath my left breast/left arm and also centre of my chest, I had ecg, blood tests and x ray ( I have had all these previously) and yet they still haven't found anything but I'm convinced they are missing something I have this pain constantly and it also travels to in between my shoulder blades!, I'm petrified of dying and I constantly think something bad is going to happen I also feel like everything is going to turn black I don't know why but I just have this terrible feeling I can feel and Sense something bad is gunna happen iv been on propanolol 10mg 3 times daily for about a month now and they do take the fast heartbeat off for so long then it comes back but the pain and palpitations and pounding heart is still there I just can't believe them when they say there is nothing wrong they say I'm too young to have a heart attack ( I'm 22 ) but all I'm constantly feeling is complete dread and I can't believe this is all anxiety related to such physical symptoms it's unreal I'm so fed up of feeling like this as I can imagine u are hun I just want u to known ur not alone I know exactly how u feel and hope I have reassured u I'm going trough the same thing and always here for a chat sorry to ramble on about my symptoms but I'm so scared the pain and pressure and shooting pains and everything else is always located just under or inside my left breast and that's what makes me think it's my heart sad sad hope ur feeling ok now hun stay positive I know it's hard! X
    • Posted

Oh my god I have the exact same thing. I have all that pain in all of those places and can't get the idea of heart attack out of my mind. I phoned 111 last night, I've had an ecg and blood tests too.

'Just anxiety' they always say. Wish our minds could accept that sad

I hope you feel better soon. This is all just totally rubbish but we'll get there eventually x

• Posted

Yeah I'm the same hun I just cant physically accept that something is going to happen to me I'm wide awake in bed right now and the pressure and pain in my left breast and underneath is unreal!! It's like a burning sensation also sad I just feel in going to die and iv been misdiagnosed sad such a awful feeling but we will get through it hun x
    • Posted

I know it all too well, the thing is we never learn. Like sometimes I sit and wonder why I'm so convinced that I'm gonna die when I've been wrong about it so far, why should I take the negative thoughts word for it? But I do. Apparently Zoloft (sertraline) is a good medication , I've revebtly started taking it. I'm just waiting for it to start working XD
    • Posted

I try to say it too like I was thinking look it's anxiety you have had it before and got through it and you will again and keep on getting through it but then my mind says no this is serious get to hospital it's like it's warning me sad my chest feels like it's going to callapse sad amd iv never heard of that medication hun ill have to ask my doctor about it smile x
  • Posted

Hi, had the same thing now since i was 18, so about 5 years now. I still get really bad chest pains/panic attacks and i havent found anyway unfortunately to stop it or to stop me from worrying while a panic attack actually happens! The best thing i tell myself when i'm experiencing chest pains etc is that if it was actually something serious (mines always a 'heart attack') then it wouldv'e happened by now! It helps a little but i find by distracting myself and telling myself that that it works.

Hope that helps a bit, don't let it beat you.

• Posted

I try to say that to myself like ' look if you were having a heart attack you'd had had one by now ' but There's just always the thoughts saying 'no listen this is a heart attack you're going to die '

I did get control of it for a few weeks but i lost it again x

• Posted

Yes im the same I also think we'll what if I ignore it this time thinking it's a panic attack and it turns out to be a heart attack and I die sad all I have in my head at the moment is the pain and pressure in my chest is the build up of a heart attack I also have pressure in back of my neck but my chest is really bothering me tonight also aching feeling in left arm iM so scared sad im petrified of going sleep in case I don't wake up 😭
    • Posted

Yeah I think that too like 'this time is different, this time something's wrong'

I'm sure that you'll be fine, maybe take some paracetamol or some ibuprofen cos they're anti inflammatory and should help the pain. When I feel panicky about having a heart attack cos of all this iv taken to checking my pulse in my wrist and if it's beating normally then I can talk myself out of it cos the pulse would be very weak there

And there is always 111 who you can call , I'm thinking about calling them myself rolleyes x

• Posted

I took Co codamol earlier but it's painful but I'd say it's the fast heart rate and random shooting pains I keep getting that's making it worse sad and oh that's good to know I always thought if it's beating fast my hearts in danger too and thanks hun ill call them if I get really bad just trying to keep focused talking to u lovely people x
    • Posted

Hi Laura Id just like to let you know that my gp said I have Costochondritis which is inflammation of the chest wall and rib join or whatever. Very painful but not serious and is probably caused by hyperventilating during panic attacks. There's not much than can be done for it though, just got to rest

But it can cause chest pain and also back pain and stabbing Allover chest x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.