Severe Chest Pains After Dentist Procedure

Posted , 2 users are following.

So I got numbed and I felt a weird sensation but I passed it off. The dentist did the filling the drilled and put a cap on (very difficult procedure in the back of the mouth, falling out twice now in a week) so the chest pain gets better the first couple of days then two days after (Saturday 30th dec) I get strong sharp pains in my heart straight to my back a few times, then lots of pressure. I breathe through but notice I’m short of breath and just don’t feel good. So few more days with the sharp pains. I get weaker and more tired. I freeze constantly but rarely run a fever. I’m not sure what’s going on but I know I’m under lots of stress do to the cap repeatedly falling off but this feels more. Should I check it out at the doctors next week? Could it be Endocarditis? I had a root canal and crown placement on another tooth a week prior to this one too. 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Yes, for sure get it checked out. It could be a few things or nothing at all.
    • Posted

Thanks. I went to urgent care yesterday afternoon as a headache and a few more things popped up leading me to belief it may be flu but it could be more so I went. They did ekg and chest X-ray which came back clear but they wanted more tests so they sent me to the ER. I was see in triage quickly then sent out to wait. I waited 3 hours for a room then was taken back to triage and CT but they couldn’t find a vein after poking and digging so I was sent back to triage and then a room a few minutes later. Then to a room finally where I waited another hour to be seen by a nurse. I ended up waiting 5 more hours to get everything done. 12 hours total and I was blessed to come home again and cleared of everything except very high levels of inflammation. 
    • Posted

Take an anti inflammatory and monitor how you feel for a few days.
    • Posted

Thanks! Yeah I’m on a anti inflammatory for my arthritis and on plaquenil (sp?) for sjogrens syndrome. Plus taking a milder anti inflammatory the doctor told me was safe to use. Feeling better already. I can’t get in to my rheumatologist till March! But hopefully they will be checking my levels and I’ll get in with my pcp in a few weeks (new patients have to wait so long. Unfair in emergencies.) thanks again!    
    • Posted

SO glad to hear you are feeling better! Good luck and hang in there!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.