Severe CONSTANT Nausea

Posted , 4 users are following.

Someone please help me! The nausea started in March 2017 and typically only happened 1-2 times a week and just in the morning when I would wake up and last about an hour or so.. It is now EVERY SINGLE DAY, which started around August '17. It wakes me out of a dead sleep, usually around 4 am, will last throughout the day and is so intense! I at the time was only taking TriNess Lo (Birth Control) and started that in November of 2016. In June '17 I was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis. I have since began taking the Avonex Pen in June '17. I rarely vomit though, just super intense pains of nausea. However, when I do throw up I have tiny pieces of food from the day before, but only some of the times. I saw a kook for a GI in December 2017, he did an upper scope, which he said he found mild reflux (around a 4 on a scale 1-10 he said), an ultrasound which there was a small gallbladder polyp that shouldn't cause me any problems, and he did the gastric emptying study for Gastroparesis which came back negative. He wrote me a script for every anti nausea you can name and NOT ONE WORKS. Also wrote me a script for Protonix and things are only getting worse. I went back in to see him and he told me there's nothing more he can do for me.. Which is not true! I do have an appointment for another GI but not until April. Nothing helps.. I've tried all the over the counter meds and at home remedies to no avail. The GI dr just told me there's nothing more he can do and I'll need to go see another dr and it was either linked to my MS or I have some issue that they just can't diagnose. REALLY?! I have done A LOT of reading and I'm either pregnant or stressed.. NOT.  I'm just so miserable I don't know what else to do. Please help.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi cassie6618

What is your diet like?....it maybe something you are eating causing thee nausea. Keep a food diary and see if there are any food triggers that correlate with the nausea...

• Posted

I had this terrible nausea, too and I stopped drinking milk which makes my stomach produce too much acid and I take a Multivitamin Supplement  to make sure I get enough vitamins + Extra Magnesium and Calcium and didn't have the nausea since. Not sure which one helped, but in your case with MS I would make sure you get enough Vitamin D since it is said there is a relationship. (And did you know that a Vitamin B12 deficiency could mimic MS symptoms?) 

• Posted

I am aware of B12 deficiency mimicing MS, however I have 3 GIANT lessons on my brain and high amounts of oligoclonal bands in my spinal fluid.

Also, my diet is along the lines of Adkins, but over this past year I've tried eating and not eating so many things and it changes nothing. I'm so at a loss. I've tried sleeping different ways and also eating or not eating before bed thinking it is the reflux.

• Posted

I am doing a nutritional science class right now and you would be stunned (like me) what your body needs every day to be healthy. I could just recommend this to everyone! Or at least reading a book about nutritional science. It's amazing and helped me figure out what my problem was. The DRI you can find on carbohydrates, fats and protein etc are a good start .. maybe check on those and you  might see what you are missing. I am 100% convinced most of our disease come from malnutrition of the body.

• Posted

It is possible that your MS, and the medications you are taking could be causing your nausea.  Birth control can cause nausea.  Maybe come off the birth control to see if your nausea stops. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.