Severe Constant Stomach Pain :-(

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi All,

I'm currently on Mefenamic Acid for Ovarian Polyps and PCOS, maybe possible Endomitosis.

Every single time I eat for the past week I get the really really bad stomach ache and feel full after a few mouth fulls. It starts pretty much ten minutes after eating and can last hours. 

I've also got bad indigestion and can't go to the toilet, I've been about three times this week and its only been a small amount - not like usual.

I'm also on:

Prozac

Iron Tablets

Mini Pill 

(not sure if any of these will affect this?)

I don't know what to do, it feels like I'm constantly at the doctors. I've got really bad anxiety and worry I'll annoy them if I go again.

Regards,

Meg

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I used to be on this and had no problems UNLESS i didnt eat before taking them(that was awful!) however they are a very strong anti imflammory so can damage your gut lining. You may be able to get something to help protect your gut from your doctor but I would suggest going. My friend cant have any anti imflamatories after just taking ibuprofen for too long gave her ulcers and destroyed the lining.
  • Posted

Hi MBEH. I would totally agree with danielle. I think ask your doc for some omeprazole or esomeprazole to protect your stomach while you are taking this med. they commonly prescribe it when people are on steroids too to protect the stomach. i suspect your problems could be from effects of the strength of your med on your stomach again like danielle said. especially anti inflammatory meds can be tough on the stomach sometimes. xx
  • Posted

Thank you for your help and suggestions smile

• Posted

No Problem, Hope you get it sorted I found them really good once I no longer took them without food. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.