Severe constipation, finally passed VERY hard stools, now bleeding for 3 days

Posted , 2 users are following.

Im sorry for the double post I didnt know the rest of the message would be cut off and didnt see a way to edit the original post so Ill make this one a lot shorter. You can delete the other post.

Basically I was seen in the ER a few days ago for a stuck stool and was given an enema and mag citrate. I didnt have a BM while there but did later and after a very painful one I finally passed the one that was stuck. I already had a hemorrhoid and it of course got worse and more inflamed. At the time there was no bleeding but later I noticed blood spots on my underwear. The hemorrhoid was smaller so I thought maybe it had bled a little. Its been 3 days and its still bleeding down there. Its not a lot, just spots in my underwear I notice after a few hours. Has anyone else had this? I want to avoid another ER visit since Ive been there 3 times this month. The other 2 for unrelated issues. Thanks

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

if you havent seen a colorectal dr, you should make an appointment. you may have a tear that needs to be treated. if you have a tendency to get constipated, its important you do all whats necessary to have regular soft bowel movements: lots of water, a diet rich in fiber in addition to a fiber supplement..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.