Severe cramps

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi..I'm currently very worried about bad cramp i keep getting in a lot of places but mainly my calf and feet (arms and hands as well), I'm taking a lot of medication for acute pain following C5/6/7 neck surgery, lower back surgery with ongoing Sacroiliac joint pain and other depression treatments,I'm currently taking Amitriptyline 10mg (1 at night) Gabapentin 300mg twice a day, Celecoxib 100mg twice a day,Citalopram 20mg 1 a day,Lansoprazole 15mg 1 a day,1 Ibuprofen a day...I have been taking all these for the last 7 years and am getting very concerned about all the cramp allover my body really,mainly hands, feet and calf...I do swim and try to get out for a walk as much as possible...I only smoke occasionally and 20 cigs can last me all week...Alcohol is minimal.....Any explanation or advice would be much appreciated.

Tia.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Wow, that's a heck a lot of medications that you are on. I do get cramps in my calf muscles, as well as feet and fingers too. When it was bad my GP prescribed iodine tablets for a couple of months and that helped.

My dentist told me that her dad who gets cramps drinks Indian tonic water (150 ml cans) which has iodine. I checked with my doc who said that it would be fine to take one 150ml can every other day. Perhaps you can try this. If you are in UK, like me, you could check with your doctor if it would be okay.

Vimla

• Posted

I have a friend that would get muscle cramps from taking medicine...He told me he tried Cramp Champ and it helped..it is available on amazon

• Posted

Hi Jim...Thanks Jim i'd really like to know what it is if you can please?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.