SEVERE DEPRESSION & ANXIETY SCARED THAT I HAVE CFS PLEAZE HELP!!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

PLEASE GUYS HELP ME! MY ANXIETY IS KILLINBF ME RN sad OK So i am 22 yr old male who has experienced minor fatigue my eyes feel really heavy like i havent slept the last month & My Biggest concern i cannot stay up late past 12AM like i used too , also headaches of unknown reason, digestive issues literally everytine i eat my stomach makes all these gurgles, alot of air burping, burning & tinglIng in fingers & toes & muscle fasiculations & i am so scared of CFS ;( i have seen the youtube videos of how horrible this illness is & to be honest i am scared TO DEATH!!! I CANNOT LIVE MY LIFE LIKE THAT I WOULD KILL MYSELF IF I ENDED UP BEDRIDDEN!

I am able to excercise & work full time so i know i dont have the PEM & also my sex drive is really good, i dont really have any sleep disturbances & i tolerate alcohol pretty good but not as good as i used too.. i do have two viral infections i have hsv 1 & hpv which i do have warts (nasty i know) on my crotch im a bisexual male & very sexually active with both sexes ... i am really scared of cfs & This fatigue i am feeling lately has came out the blue.... All day my blood pressure has been through the roof & i am very terrified... The past week or so i have felt what feels like a cold have had phlegm & swollen inguinal lymph nodes but no fever so far... today the cold like symptoms feel better but my anxiety has been through the roof!!!! My blood pressure was at 160 over 96 after working out, please help me & tell me if i am showing signs of cfs... i also can post pics of my recent blood test if that helps 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

It doesn't sound like CFS to me... and I tend to take a looser view on what can potentially count as 'CFS' than many. If I were you, I wouldn't be worried about that at all. If you do have all these additional worries and strains in your life, that could be wearing you down and meaning that you feel more exhausted. I'd give yourself some more time to relax, try to improve your problems with depression and anxiety, and see how things go. Best of luck.

• Posted

Thanks its just horrifying to see people suffer with this & i dont want that to happen to me

• Posted

First of all, I'm so sorry you're suffering. I know anxiety can be debilitating. After reading your post, I'd be very surprised if you had ME/CFS. PEM is a core symptom of this illness, and you don't have it. Also, you exercise and work full time and don't have sleep disturbances. It's very hard to believe you have ME/CFS with that level of function. I think your first sentence about anxiety says a lot. If you could deal with that, you could then get a better handle on what else may be going wrong. I've suffered from anxiety, so here's what helped me. I took a free, online, secular course on mindfulness and meditation, and started meditating every day. That helped hugely with the anxiety and even depression I'd been feeling. There's other ways to deal with anxiety, like yoga, listening to calming music, doing deep breathing exercises, or trying meds. By the way, thinking about all these doomsday scenarios, like ending up bedridden, is a big sign of your high anxiety level. One thing you can do immediately is to stop watching those scary YouTube videos. Most people with ME/CFS do not end up bedridden, and many learn to manage the illness. I'm in that category. But anyway, I don't think you have this illness. I wish you all the best.

• Posted

Thank you so much , maybe its not fatigue but my eyes always feel real heavy like i havent slept i guess thats whats making me think cfs
    • Posted

Sounds like if you are able to work and exercise. That’s pretty good.  Seems like your infection is putting you down and high blood pressure.  Did u check thyroid?

I’ve had times where I thought I had cfs and didn’t.  And came out ok.  Because to be honest. For the past month now I wake up tired and tense, think I tense up in sleep.  as I don’t sleep well and then push myself to get through the day

My legs tense up to keep going. 

Wake tired and body aches all over.  

However mine did start with anxiety. I am still unsure if I have cfs?  No doctor seem to be able to tell you? Do I?

Any ideas.  Do people with cfs manage to relax and have no anxiety??

• Posted

Thanks, actually the past days i have felt alot better i honestly think i was thinking about it too much & my mind was creating the symptoms

• Posted

Just recently recovering from bacterial menegitis after pain pump got infected. Ever since I've had bad headaches, more abdominal pain than normal. Long story there but it gets excruitiating but it's gotten worse. They are watching for more CFS leaks since My supposed recovery of massive antibiotics. I'm going to read about it but that always worries Me more than I do and now I'm hoping I don't end up bedridden with a worse problem than I had because of carelessness on My Primaries and Surgeons part.  Both vehemently even denying that I actually had bacterial menegitis. I was delirious and then They put Me out for 2 weeks with a lot pain medication!  I mean a lot!  Fentanyl 100 much every couple hours, oxymorphone 20 plus oxycodone 30 then prophynol and no telling what else! I've needed a lot of pain meds over the year but really. Oh and of course a ventilator to keep Me breathing!  They did a spinal tap and ran cultures but both insist the hospital was wrong and took my pain pump out and it wasn't infected!  I never said I was suing Them for telling Me that even though My CRP marker wa high indicating infection it was said to be inflammation!  I'm starting to change My mind especially if this isn't recoverable or will come back to haunt Me. I'm 54 not ready for nursing home or bedridden in that kind of pain!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.