Severe digestive problems and swelling with nausea

Posted , 10 users are following.

Ive been feeling so uncomfortable to put it mildly, Feels as though my food isn't getting through properly after eating, getting extreme bloating and swelling of the area in between my ribs right down through the middle, pain in my back left hand side underneath my ribs some where. Makes me keep wanting to tap the area. Feel better after belching but its forced belching that only gives temporary relief for a couple of minutes. Cant stand my tights against me and by the evening my bra either. Look about 8 months pregnant with an intense feeling of pressure like someone is blowing me up like a balloon. Taking linseeds seeds soaked in hot water at night to keeps bowels active and Olive oil before meals, Stuff called alka clear powder all as suggested by kinesiologist , as it is im already on gluten free, Having to keep off fatty foods as thoughts it may be my gall bladder. I feel so sick, been like this real bad since last week end more so, Was better yesterday but back with vengeance today but i did have burgers and mash for dinner with gluten free gravy and no gluten in the burgers. Cant live on fish and chicken forever. Im putting off going to the doctors as im scared of having camera down my throat. All they want to do is put me on omeprazole but i have no acid reflux at all. Im taking digestive enzymes and probiotics, dont know what else to do. kinesiologist said could be a hiatus hernia but only diagnosed with camera, is this true. Im 68 and im feeling like 98 lately!

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi susan , you really should have an endoscopy done to make sure what is going on , could be an easy fix . My best well wishes for you

• Posted

Camera down the throat is not as bad as it sounds. It is so tiny you will not even feel it. See your doctor and feel better.

• Posted

Hiatus hernias and gastritis are diagnosed via endoscopy. Endoscopies are horrible, but it's the only way to diagnose these conditions. Best to see your doctor as soon as possible.

• Posted

I'm 23 going for an endoscopy in 2 weeks are they really that bad ?

• Posted

Pippa im sorry you had a bad time with you endoscopy exam . Why did you think it was horrible ?

• Posted

I had an endoscopy in my 20s and it was very frightening for me feeling the tube going down even though I was given waking sedation. I have allergies to general anaesthesia, so I trusted my doctor that twlight sedation would be less toxic. Instead, it was highly toxic and I had severe depression in less than twenty hours.The reaction lasted three weeks. Immediately after the procedure, I remember feeling agitated. I always have this reaction and vomiting too. However, with the endoscopy sedation, I didn't vomit. My endoscopy showed nothing despite the suffering I went through. For me, because of these reactions, it isn't worth for me to have any invasive medical treatments.

• Posted

I was allergic to the sedation which is a common problem for me. I always get severe depression from it.

• Posted

Ask to be put out completely. You won't feel a thing. Endoscopy was very easy, only takes a few minutes. I am always afraid of procedures but this went very smoothly for me.

• Posted

Hi Susan

I am so sorry you are going through this and hope you start feeling better soon.

Your symptoms sound a lot like mine. I also just starting bloating ( extreme trapped gas ) and feeling horrible for no reason at all out of the blue. I changed my diet completely, got off all gluten and fatty meat. all fish.

After I started bloating I also started gaining ton's of weight. My doctor though I had a blockage

and sent me for and MRI. Nothing was found though. I also had a barium enema, allergy test

and sibo tests, everything came back negative. They though it might be ovarian cancer at one point so I had an ultrasound and CA25 bood test. I haven't have an endoscopy yet though

since I feel the same way you do. I have taken Prilosec helped for 3 months ( I had sever memory lose on it) and when I stopped taking it, all the bloating came back again. Things that have helped

is IBGuard ( you can get at the drug store) and ginger rescue tablets I get from a natural food store, flonase and cold medicines that contain Guaifensin . After 5 years having this everyday I am now considering a chiropractor since I have a curved spine. I try to live everyday even though its always there. Its all I can do. I'm 58.

• Posted

endescopy is fine i had 3 of them over the years and was out each time didnt remember anything i woke up had a cup of tea and biscuit and was brought home by family member. last one i had was sept and was fine. you will be releived atterwards that they can tell what the problem is and given the appropriate meds. best of luck .

• Posted

Have any of you tried a baking soda mixture ? Ole fashion but used for stomach issues for decades . Its also used for intestine cleansing , and overall healthy gut .. Its a thought

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.