Severe disability allowance on ESA

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi iv had pip enhanced for daily living for 10 nonths.my partner has just been awarded enhanced daily living and mobility .i claim contrubution ESA for us both .is anyone aware if i can claim severe disability for the both of us .i am also in the suport group since december 2015

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Not a clue with regards to couples ,but for a start i dont think its SDA anymore its severe disability PREMIUM

I know you get it in support group ESA (this is meabs tested) you also get it in high rate care DLA

& enhanced rate care PIP

Cheers

• Posted

A good indication is CHECK the amoubts in your award letter

As i said couples amounts are different to single ckaims or for anyone who has a carer or underlying entitlement ....carers is means tested aswell

I

• Posted

I checked my esa letter i dont even get the premium and im in the support .my partner was my carer up to april when he had a brain hemerage heard today of his pip award.should i call esa and advise of his award i know this wont effect esa and ask about severe disability im sure i should have been getting single rate ans now we should get couple rate of i think £123 extra

• Posted

Can you tell me how many points you need for the support group I know it's 15 for esa I am very wored I have meatal health problems and Ibs the IBs does result in a vachution off the Bowels at least 4 times a mouth I get panick attacks and cannot go anywere without my career ,I do do not cook for myself as I have panick attacks and have Burt myself in the past got supporting letters from my GPs proper think I am and need help Before I go to the so called asment I cannot set a alarm my career does that 

• Posted

I think its 12 .have you got a CPN or a consultant phychiatrist .they can give you reports to support you .then they might do your assesment on paper base like i had
    • Posted

I have Been on Disabletey for years then esa for 4 years yes I have a phychiatrist and supporting letters from my gp my gp looks after me the only thing that's changined is my IBs I did not have a lose off bowel only in the last six mouths if it's 15 just two get esa which I know I will get its the worey off Being put in a wrag group thanks anyway

• Posted

is it 12 points on top off the 15 27 in toal if so I should be ok
  • Posted

Doing a benefits check using the information you have provided the weekly amounts of entitlement are

Joint ESA claim as a couple £307.10 (includes all premiums)

PIP (jointly) £222.05

Plus Housing Benefit and Council Tax rebate.

The ESA is means tested above the £114.85 Contribution threshold (PIP is not) so if you receive any other income it would be deducted £1 for £1.

• Posted

Hi Jackie79930 I have been told u can my wife gets D.L.A and I have but in for pip. Tha person told me is up high in Things u are aloud to claim. I was in the same boat as u.. when I phoned up the lady on the phone seid Two people in a wheelchair can lookafter each other.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.