SEVERE DISABILITY PREIUM

Posted , 3 users are following.

I GOT LETTER TODAY FROM DWP SAYING I MAY BE ENTILED TO SERVE DISABILTY PREMUIM on my esa but im ob controbution esa and still in assesement stage any help please if i get it i live alone and none claims carers alowance for me

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

No premiums are paid when on contribution based ESA, unless you have an Income based top up.
  • Posted

Did they send you a form to complete?  You are able to get severe disability premium if you meet the criteria.  I assume you receive PIP or DLA.  Living alone and no-one claiming Carer's Allowance for you are two of the criteria but because it's part of Income related ESA they will also need to know that you haven't got savings or other income that would prevent it being paid or reduce the amount.  It's worth returning the form, or asking for one if they didn't send one.

• Posted

waste time sending form as dwp know im on controbution based esa and im on pip daily living rate
    • Posted

I don't think it matters that you're on contribution based ESA.  If you're entitled to the premium they'll start to pay you Income related ESA as a top up.  The only problems will be if you're either not entitled to the premium for some reason which seems unlikely given what you've said, or if you're not entitled to Income related ESA which will depend on your other income and savings.

• Posted

okay thanks for that got no incomemean savings

• Posted

well aint heard from dwp about serve disabilty premum so oversley i aint got it as my last payment of esa was still at assement rate send in form over 2 weeks ago
    • Posted

As you only posted your question 12 days ago it would probably take longer than this to start recieving payments. It can take up 10 days for them to recieve the form. If you have an Income related top up you'll be entitled to it, as already stated. Either way i'm sure they'll send a letter out to you. Give it another week and ring them to ask. When i first sent my form in for this they didn't actually recieve it. They sent another out to me which i also didn't recieve. Over 3 weeks later DWP rang me and eventually they sorted it over the phone. Told me i was entitled to it and even had a very nice lump sum which was back dated almost 1 year.

• Posted

well they havent recived form i sent lol but sending me another one out so im going send it specail delivery this time

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.