Severe disability premium / ESA!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi wondering if anyone can help.

I applied for severe disability premium and got awarded it yesterday, so I now get 186 a week. My question is I phones up this morning asking how long it will take for my back payment of what DWP owe me, only got told it can take up to 6 / 8 weeks!!!

Can someone please help and advise If they have had it and If so how long they waited?

Thank u all x

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I was awarded, like you and was told up to 2 weeks. I got mine within 4 working days. If it hasn't gone into your bank by 2 weeks phone them. Every time I called I was told a different story so take it with a pinch of salt.

• Posted

Thanks for getting back to me x

When I phoned before they said ' its been processed you will now get 186 a week. They said my back pay will take between 6-8 week I'm panacing thinking I'm gonna have to wait 8 weeks! X

• Posted

yay!! glad you finally got it. it's my 6th day today but like yours i'm not expecting it to be sorted yet. but at least you now know you have it. 

x

• Posted

I know finally that's that done!! Now just back pay waiting for lol at least I have it though ! I hope you get it to hun can I just say don't rely on text messages of DWP there useless that's why I've rang so many times !! Xx

• Posted

My backdated SDP was paid with my next ESA payment which was about 5 days after it was awarded

I spose it varies but they're pretty quick once they've sorted it (they have no reason to sit on a payment) they're probably told to say 8 weeks so people don't keep hounding them every day. I agree with shee, give them two weeks and if you haven't received it give them a call

• Posted

Thanks everyone.

They also said it may take 8 weeks due to if I owe any arrears which I don't think I do. I've had a budgeting loan but I don't think that's included is it?

Thanks again

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.