Severe disability premium/ESA/PIP

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I'm currently getting ESA income based of 125 per week and 55.10 pip standard daily living. DWP sent a form IS10 saying I could be in titled sent form they scanned it onto system 29th July 2016 and said they have 6 working days. Which 6th working day was Monday 8th August.

Were now on Tuesday not heard anything..

Don't know what to do I no I'm entitled its just I like to know things its part of my mental health.

Any advice would be good.

Thank you xx

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

• Posted

Hi

The only thing I think I know about severe disability premium is that you have to live alone with no non-dependants and nobody claiming carers allowance .

Im like you I have to know so give them a ring and ask what is happening it can't harm because they take ages to send anything out. .

• Posted

Hi thanks for getting back, ye I just have to know good or bad !

I have no carer or getting carers allowance. I phoned them yesterday and they said there going to phone through to over department anyway they got back to me and just said 'there printing it of' give it 10 working days.. And I was like wtf they printing of I'm really confused!! X

• Posted

You could always ring them. Or just wait. They need time to write back

All the best x

• Posted

Hi thanks for reply. There useless! They said thered text me when received it.. No text. They had till 8th august they received and scanned on 29th July so they said they have 6 working days. Rang up yesterday and they rang through to department they said there 'printing' it of give 10 working days I didn't ask what they was printing of and that's what really had confused me !

I'll be fine once I know tho, DWP are useless at times!

• Posted

Printing off the assessor's report presumably? Or the award letter I guess, but if you'd been awarded, I think they would've said? Hope it gets to you quick, the waiting causes so much stress.

I have my face to face on 18th and it's causing me a lot of anxiety ??

• Posted

Face to face for what? I'm realllly confused!!!

• Posted

Sorry to confuse you. My face to face assessment for PIP 😥
    • Posted

Ohhh!! Yeah I phoned DWP today they said I've been awarded severe disability premium and should have back payment within 10 days!! So happy to hear!

And you will be fine hun!! I've never been to 1 I had a paper based review!! Can I ask is it mental health ur going in for? Xxx

• Posted

Yes, I have Major Depression, Generalised Anxiety Disorder and a Bulging Disc in my spine causing Sciatica. I hate that we have to jump through hoops, STS, to convince them you're ill ??

Someone write a helpful post about pip myths and facts, I'm going to keep reading it. It's articulating my problems that I worry about. I can't face a tribunal if they don't award it.

Thanks for your kind words and interest xx

• Posted

AW hun I de with anxiety and o get it just standard daily living though I'm pretty sure you will get it, are they coming your house

• Posted

If you're entitled it will probably be paid on your next ESA payday. 

• Posted

Hi I know but I'm wondering when my back pay? Im hoping I get 60 a week on my next ESA but doubtful

• Posted

Hi chan

pleased that you got your premium, at least you know you will get it now and can stop worrying it's a great feeling I know.

• Posted

Yeah hun. They said they've got 10 days to issue payment. I just keep thinking the person I spoke to got it wrong! Lol as I thought I would of got text to

• Posted

Yeah I thought that when they told me about my PIP award.   what if they mixed me up with someone else and it's not true.  

But im sure they can't they ask too many security questions I'll just find something to worry about if I can.

• Posted

No I can't claim it because my son lives with me and will be claiming care allowance now I've got the PIP award and I'm not in the support group as yet I'm in WRAG and have been for 4 years they sent me another claim form in March

just waiting to see what they are doing with my claim it's been 5 months now and have not heard anything about It 

• Posted

They take the p*** sometimes!

I'm sure you be fine hun! They just take aslong as they want !!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.