Severe Disability Premium form received.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all,

​Today in the post i received a A4 brown enverlope, it has a piece of paper to complete which is called Severe Disability Premium, I dont know what this is nor have i claimed for it.

Someone which im assuming DWP have wrote my name on it and my NI number.

​What is this form please

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

It's a premium which is paid on top of Income related ESA and is about £62 per week. There's other criteria along side it to be able to recieve it though. No one must claim carers allowance for you and you must live alone and recieve any rate daily living PIP or mid/high rate care DLA.

• Posted

Ah ok, Thank you.

I have never heard of it.

​I have been awarded standard PIP living rate and i live with parents and no one claims carers allowance for me... so i wont be able to get it.

Thank you.

• Posted

No problem. Yes living with your parents would stop you being entitled to this premium.
    • Posted

But couldn't her Mother or Father claim Carer Allowance? I know there is a criteria but I'm lost at the moment if I can remember what it is.

Something about not earning more than £90 something a week?

• Posted

Yes providing they don't earn more than £110 per week and spend at least 35 hours a week looking after her. It also would affect other benefits too i believe.

• Posted

I had same couple of weeks back mine came from income support. Just fill it in and send it back as you may be entitled to more money
    • Posted

I have done that, how long roughly is the response time and if accepted how much do you get. X
    • Posted

Natalie lives with her parents, therefore won't be entitled to SDP. They maybe able to claim Carers Allowance for her though depending on circumstances.

• Posted

It doesnt hurt to fill it in they wouldnt of sent her it if they didnt think she might be able to get it
    • Posted

If you don't mind me asking how.much did you get? Was it a back payment? Do you receive monthly payments and how much

• Posted

Yeh it was a backpayment got backdated bk to3rd of augest. no i get payed every fortnight as it comes in with my IS payment its gone up by £91 a fortnight

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.