Severe dizziness with cervical spondylosis/cervical disc bulges and osteophytes

Posted , 4 users are following.

Does anyone else experience severe dizziness/room spinning when lay down and turning head?

Recently I’ve had intermittent dizziness when lay down in bed but turning over or turning head/neck. The room really spins, and it’s quite scary. 

I’m fine when sat up. 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

agree with Ben or it could be labyrinthitis which can have the same effect
  • Posted

Hi yes I get this ,and I have bulging discs in my back and neck ,but it's nothing to do with the dizziness Luke you I'm fine when I sit up .go to the doctor mine says it benign positional vertigo ,she did the Epeey manoeuvre which help a little and there is other one called the Brandt-Daroff exercise and I have stemetil tablets which help had this for about 8months now ,it's got abit earlier ,but I still have it and have got use to it .I sit up in bed slowly half way first with a pillow behind my head only for a few seconds then sit up and get out of bed ,turning over in bed I do the same but if I do it to quick the room spins just go slowly up and down in bed ,go to your doctor get help ...mine like you just came on of a sudden get up one night and fell back on the bed the room span so much ,,, I'm fine in the daytime once I'm up .only happens if I bend down too . But do go see your doctor ,let us know how you get on .  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.