Severe Dsypnea(ShortOfBreath) 24/7 for 2 months

Posted , 5 users are following.

I also have sharp pains when i breathe deeply or i move my chest a certain way.

I don't know what to do anymore .

Ive done ALL of the test.Did a CT Scan without Contrast.Clear .

Did a D Dimer that turned out okay so i dont think its a blood clot.

So then whats wrong with me?

Dr's wont let me do another CT With Contrast as the d dimer was normal.All they gave was some xanax that apart from making me sleepy did nothing .

Im sick of living this way .

Honestly having thought of ending it all right now.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Sounds a bad scene hazwan69288.  

Thinking caps.  Pleurisy ?  I was struck down with pleurisy a few years ago now.  The indescribable pain.  Breathlessness.  Fatigue - and all the rest.  Went on for months - took several months to get over.  See a Pulmonologist. 

Costochondritis.  Can be extremely painful.  Also breathlessness.  (I suffer from this).  See a Rheumatologist.

Vascular spasms.  Pain.  Breathlessness - will NOT show up ECG nor on X-Rays.  Might well have inflammatory markers show up on a blood test.  (I also suffer from this.  Darn painful).  See a Cardiologist.

?Courage to the sticking point - you are going to get on top of this.  Go fight em - you'll win. smile

Molly

• Posted

Consider trying biofeedback, it might give you some insight as to what is going on.
  • Posted

I have had the same issues for quite awhile now.. alot longer than 2 months, have had a full lung and heart check, ct and all that workup.. 

doctors assume its costochindrits and reflux related.. it sucks!!

• Posted

I'm sorry to hear that hazwan69288.

I've had similar problems in the past and a few different things helped me out. 

First off, do you suffer from asthma, COPD, or any respiratory illness? Are there any areas of your health that are not considered to be up to par? (Weight? Blood pressure? etc.) Do you smoke or are you often exposed to unusual amounts of smoke, pollutants, toxins, chemicals etc.? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.