Severe ear pain after wisdom tooth removal

Posted , 17 users are following.

So I had my lower right wisdom tooth removed nearly 6 days ago now and I'm still in agony! Although the pain from the actual extraction site has subsided the pain in my ear/jaw and rest of my lower teeth has gotten worse. I have taken really good care of my mouth since the surgery as I really didn't want to get "dry socket", so I've gently cleaned my mouth with warm salt water religiously. I've eaten only soft foods and done so on the other side of my mouth. However, this pain does seem to be increasing, so much so that I cannot sleep at all because of the throbbing pain in my face and sharp pains in my right ear. I would call my dentist but its bank holiday weekend and I'm crying in pain, I really need some help. Has anyone else been in this position and did it resolve itself?

0 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Did anyone in this thread ever find out the cause of the pain? I had my right upper and lower wisdom teeth extracted over 2 weeks ago and I have persistent ear ache / pain and very sore and tense neck and back muscles down my right side. My dentist said there is no sign of dry socket or infection although my face is still slightly swollen.

Massage on my neck and back gives temporary relief but not for long.

• Posted

hi just wondered if this conversation is still going or can somebody help imoacted lower left wisdom tooth out 6 days ago extraction area is managing well no infection although on metronidazole antibiotics for previous infection. 1 day post op the most agonising ear ache developed went a&e seen maxofacial he said was normal. went dentil hops no sign of infection she said ear pain nothung to do with extraction.

back to a&e said i had bulging ear drum went back nxt day normal eardrum told trigeminal nerve

im so confused depressed tired and in pain .

nithing works paracetamol oramorpth naproxen ibruporfen codein. .. at best it takes half hour takes the edge if the the oain coke back agaij with in half hour

what can i do ??

• Posted

Seems like the back of your tooth is severely infected or its not relatable.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.