Severe Edema in both legs/feet EVERYDAY of my life, please help!

Posted , 3 users are following.

I don't know what to do. Just one day it developed and I have to deal with it everyday.. My legs look like elephant legs. I am not overweight, I have no heart condition, I don't eat salt, I sleep with my legs elevated, I exercise, but it is so painful. I don't know what to do. I am 27 years old and female. I just want to be normal but this has been going on for more than 2 years. I do wear compression stockings all day long too. I just need help.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

hi sounds as though you need to go to lympadema clinic. ask your doc for a referal.your feet are just like mine were and im having massage sessions at the clinic as well as wearing stockings.hope this helps
    • Posted

I haven't ever been to one of those, but I will try that. I do wear stockings everyday except for when I go to sleep. I then keep them elevated all night and usually in the morning they are better, but still very swollen. Then it just gets worse from there. Is there anything else the clinic does for you besides the massages?

• Posted

it depends on what they want to do.they tell you what there doing.give it a try nothing to loose.
  • Posted

Choochamo- same with me!! Although I'm 45, everything else the same, which lead me to google it. This has been nonstop since January. I have 50 pairs of shoes I can no longer even fit my toe in. It's very depressing. I have been back and forth with the same doctor. I just saw him AGAIN last week because I gained 11 lbs in one week! All fluid. I have googled it over and over! I had ultrasound on my legs for blood clot- negative. Two rounds of blood work done- perfect. Last weeks blood work did come up that my liver was slightly elevated! Went for a catscan liver was fine. They did fine unexpected spot on my lung ( scary as hell) and just repeat next year he says! I'm so frustrated because at times it is painful, it gets very tight. I know exactly how you feel. I'm going to follow this maybe I to can get some ideas!

• Posted

hi im the same as you. spot on lung.had scan and retest in a year.ive now been diagnosed with cellulitus which is very painful as well.so now on antibiotics for 2wks.hope things get better quickly for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.