Severe eye redness/swelling/itchiness so terrible I may have to drop out of college, nothing helps.

Posted , 1 user is following.

Last winter, my eyes started to get red at night. Come springtime, and the redness would not go away, my eyes began swelling terribly by mid-afternoon every day, and I started allergy shots for my seasonal allergies. One year later, and my symptoms never got under control. Spring is the worst season by far, but no matter what time of year, I'm still experiencing redness. I take Claritin, FloNase, Benadryl at night sometimes, twice-weekly allergy shots, I wash my eyes out several times a day and I ice them in the mornings and at night. It's unbearable. I cannot find a soul that has this same problem online or anywhere. I need serious help, as I'm failing my classes and may have to withdraw from COLLEGE because of this. I know it's my pollen allergy because when I travel north I don't experience as severe symptoms. I see an allergist and an eye doctor for this. The only medicine that helps is a dangerous eye steroid for post-surgery that my eye doctor gave me when he didn't know what else to do. 

Has anyone else ever experienced this severe of a reaction, and so consistently? I'm serious, nothing that I take helps. Eyedrops provide sort-of relief for about twenty minutes, then it's right back to red and goopy. I greatly appreciate any advice. 

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.