Severe farting and rumbling

Posted , 3 users are following.

Im fine all day after morning toilet . Rumbling starts in the evening ,affects my sleep.

Loud farts . Must sleep alone .

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Ive tried so many diets. Acid control, Buscopan ,pro biotics . No joy

• Posted

Try alverine and deflatine. I have tried a few IBS tablets and alverine is the one that helps the most for wind and bloating problems. Also deflatine helps with it as well.

Also have you tried giving up dairy for a couple of weeks? it maybe that you are lactose intolerant.

Do you keep a food diary to see which foods and drinks affect you more,? If not it is very useful. Garlic, lentils, sprouts, cabbage and broccoli affect me a lot. Pizza and pasta can also affect me. Alcohol and certain fruits can be bad too. If you enjoy a food or drink that makes you very windy, it doesn't mean you have to give it up altogether, but maybe cut down on it and only have it when you don't have to see anyone else!

Have you checked out fodmap food lists? If not google it and it gives lists of high fodmap and low fodmap foods. The high fodmap foods are the ones that IBS sufferers get the most symptoms with and low fodmaps are the ones that are supposed to be best for IBS sufferers. But everyone is different so some of those foods maybe ok for one person and really bad for another, that is why it is important to keep a food diary so you can see which foods or drinks may be causing the issues.

But I would 100% encourage you to try alverine though which can also be known as spasmonal.

• Posted

i have the same problemI am pleased I live alone since this problem has arrived i would appreciate if anyone can help me

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.