Severe fatigue, cough (with phlegm), vertigo/diziness

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all,

Hoping you might be able to help. I'm a 30 year old male.

Around 3-4 weeks ago, I had a vertigo 'attack' for the first time in my life where I was very dizzy but still able to walk during it, it lasted 10-15 seconds then went away. Then every day since I had been getting the same 'attacks' 3-4 times a day. One of the days I had a bad attack where I woke up dizzy for around an hour and only ibprofen and sleep would get rid of it. I haven't had an 'attack' now for 4 days but have continued to have 'lightheadedness' with the feeling of a dizzy attack coming on.

With this, I have noticed extreme fatigue where I wake up tired. I have been having around 10 hours sleep a day and still tired.

For the past 6-8 weeks I have had this recurring cough with white phlegm but no other symptoms.

I have also been feeling a bit sick in the stomach as well and some diarhorea of a morning but that has now gone away.

I have seen my doctor, and she 'thinks' it could be viral labrinthitis but has ordered a blood test.

I suffer from TMJ and have 4-5 months ago been through 3 dental surgeries (which had complications - infections) and as such had been on 7 courses of antibiotics.

Due to my TMJ I have (as long as I can remember) had tinitis (high pitched) which i could really only hear in a quiet room. I notice now my tinitis is a little louder (high pitched) and my ears seem to pop every now and then.

When the doctor looked into my ears, she said that my left ear has a lot of ear wax, and my right ear looked 'cloudy'.

Hoping you might be able to shed some light on this problem.

Thanks,

Anthony.

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Updating everyone on my current status.

I'm now going into my 6th week.

How I currently feel:

Feeling about 90% better. I definitely have developed anxiety and depression regarding this and my dental surgeries. I'm now seeing a psychologist to work through it.

I have an on/off 'rocking boat' feeling happens whether I'm standing up or laying down. It definitely gets much worse around crowds of people and I can feel my anxiety heightening around crowds now for some reason (never had this before). When this happens I get a sick feeling in my stomach (that feeling when something is seriously wrong).

I'm still having issues with bad fatigue. At times I have more energy but overall feel drained most of the time.

The other issue I've noticed is like a strange 'brain lag' it's hard to describe but its like my brain is very slightly delayed when I'm moving around. It's like my brain is processing movement slightly slower than it should. I'm not sure if that is due to the fatigue.

My tinitis has slightly lessened but not by much, it is still high pitched hissing and noticeable.

My ears still feel like I've been on a plane and need to be popped slightly (not by much).

I'm going to see an ENT in the next few weeks.

• Posted

I know the feeling. Hard to think. Kind of a lost feeling. Like all of a sudden you forgot how to do things you been doing for decades. Think that comes with the anxiety. I never liked crowded places to begin with. Now even less.
  • Posted

Had a bad headache yesterday (tension type). Today I wake up with a cough, phlegm and sneezing again. Looks like I have caught another virus..... no idea when this is going to end...
  • Posted

Saw the ENT finally today.

He had a look in both ears and saw my left ear had a significant amount of ear wax and he used the suction to remove it. He thinks that it had nothing to do with the dizzineness/rocking boat feeling.

He ruled out Mineres Disease. At this stage he said nothing about labyrinthitis but thinks I might have a weak inner ear on my right side. He said reason for this is the 'brain lag' I get seems to be most prominent turning head from left to right. He also had me do a test where I had both my arms out closed my eyes and marched on the spot. I ended up moving right.

He has requested I do an MRI and Balance Audio tests. I see him again in 1 month.

• Posted

He also said symptoms seem to indicate some Mal De Barquement as well, but he's not sure until these other tests come back.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.