severe fatigue/insomnia

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have cancer 4 years ago and since chemo, rads and surgery I have been pretty much floored!  Over the last 18 mths I have struggled with chronic fatigue and insomnia, memory problems, low bone density, chest issues, dizzyness etc.. In July I suffered a "crisis" basically had an argument with someone and it left me really poorly and subsequently my blood sugars dropped to a 2. I had some discussion with the Dr who said it could be some weird hormone related thing and interestingly my friend suggested I have my cortisol levels looked at. I can get sleep as on pregablin (its the only way I can sleep now) but I am so exhausted all day and struggle with energy levels its awful. After some tests I got diagnosed by Rheumy with Fibro and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome BUT I just don't think its that! I asked my resp to check my cortisol levels and a sample was taken at 2pm and was normal. I literally tick all the boxes for it and am surprised. I did however get stressed and upset that day. 

?My blood cortisol was 497 at 2pm. is it possible to have a reading like that which is normal but an abnormal reading in the morning???

?I feel like I'm going crazy, I'm moody, irritable and so so tired... 

?can anyone offer help or advice!?

TIA 

x

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi. Yes it absolutely is. Get a saliva test to actually test your cortisol levels at 4 or more different times of day. Check it out online. Traditional medicine doesn’t recognize adrenal disorders unless and until you have the extremes of Addisons ( low low low cortisol) or Cushings (high high high cortisol). Sad but true. The abnormalities in between are not considered. I have a reverse curve. That’s when the cortisol starts out low in the morning when it should be high and then too high at night when it should be low. Try to find a doctor who will recognize this. It is a struggle. Try an osteopath or functional medicine doctor. I am still not well because I react badly to most medication and supplements. I am sending hope and prayers that you will get help and healing. Don’t believe it when doctors tell you nothing is wrong. You know best when something is. 

Deb nyc 

• Posted

Hi suzanne,

I'm sorry you are going through this. I suffer from same symptoms as you, it's been a nightmare. If doctors don't find any illness from blood test and your tests are coming back normal or even low normal, doctors will quickly diagnose you with CFS/fybromyalgia.

I've been suffering through this for a year now. I think the CFS diagnoses is a lazy diagnoses for doctors to stop digging deeper to find the cause for our symptoms. We are then left to figure it out ourselves or given medication to cover up the symptoms but they never go away and we don't see improvements.

I've been homebound for a year and been reading and researching. I finally stayed on a protocol that is giving me some improvements with my symotoms. I don't feel great but it's working little by little. I only been on this protocol for a month and it's the first time in a year that I felt some progress.

1. Taking magnesium malate, magnesium oil spray, and epson salt foot soak.

2. Whole foods vitamin C, not ascorbic acid

3. Taking dessicated liver capsules

4. B12

5. Eat alot of seaweed

6. Use celtic sea salt/Himalayan salt no table salt.

7. Eat coconut oil, use lard, butter. Stop the veg/corn/soy oil ect.

8. Stop eating bread, process food, and junk

As these things will support our adrenals and overall well being to get our body back to recovering by feeding minerals and vitamins that our body needs. It's simple and basic. Since we are exhausted and fatigue we definitely need important nutrients.

Sometimes I feel like I'm rotting from the inside out. Even though I don't look sick on the outside but I don't look great either. On the inside I just feel unwell, unbalanced and a host of dysregulation within the body. I will keep you updated with my progress.

Take care and I hope you get better soon

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.