Severe fatigue/memory loss

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi folks,

I was amlodipine and got off it about almost 2 months ago. My central nervous system is ruined due to other meds. I do also suffer from fibromyalgia as well. I usually have body, but last week it reached a level of 9/10 and it's rare for me to be in that much pain. This lasted for 4 days. Then the pain got less and now I am severely fatigued. I usually wake up in the morning at 7 and hit the gym around 8.  I wake up at 7 feeling so tired that I go back to bed till 10 or 11. This fatigue and being tired is scary. I have absolutely no energy at all for anything.  I was on this med almost 2 months ago. I have read that others have been bothered by this med and they got fatigue. Also my memory has has been very poor lately. This started happening when I started getting the insane fatigue.

has anyone had such a fatigue and poor memory while being on this med and off it?

Ty

I am going to dr to get lab work done this week, to rule other things out...

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

By all means get the lab work!  If you have enough energy to go to the gym but then punk out quickly, well, anyone would have to speculate wildly.  I doubt it's directly related to the amlodipine two months later.

Are you on anything for the fibromyalgia?  And as I always ask people with that condition, have you checked your vitamin D levels?  You probably want that not just normal but a little higher than normal, to see if that helps, and that generally means taking some as supplements these days.

• Posted

I was on Amlodipine for about a year. I stopped about 3 months ago. When I was on it, it felt sluggish too. I didn't like it and after taking it Almodipine made my BP worse than it was before I started taking it even though I changed my lifestyle and diet to help improve my BP. I'm not sure about if it affected my memory but I know it has that capability. 

About Post Almodipine effects? My hunch is it either did some damage or it takes longer than assumed for it to be out of your system completely. I noticed I a lot of anxiety after stopping it, even after two months. 

About the Gym, If the stuff stops you from working out, you need something else. Exercise repairs the problem and in most cases the meds are only a "quick fix". I started taking a lot of natural stuff like Hawthorn, Dandelion, COQ10, ginger root, curcumin,etc. 

• Posted

Yes I have suffered with these and many other side effects from this terrible drug. I have been off Amlodipine for a few months now and my memory has improved significantly and I feel much less fatigued. So hopefully the same will happen for you.
  • Posted

Hi there, have you had your thyroid checked?
  • Posted

think I better get off of them and look into alternative medicine if it affects memory because of ClonazePam effects my memory also it is hard to learn like this and I need to get a new career I cannot do construction at my age and injuries so I am on Disability and it is not enough to live on. Yesterday was the second day I was without it.

• Posted

Dear mr42206

I was on amlo for 3 months until my GP told me to wean off because i dont hv blood pressure issues. Throughout 3 months i was like a zombie.

I hv been off amlo for almost 6 months now and I am blessed that all the symptoms have gradually reduced and some has even left my system. It took me about 4 months to feel quite myself. Even now still not 100% but i am sure i will be ok soon. Fatique is still a big issue to me till now.

Take some supplements and do some light exercises during this recovery time.

Tkc

• Posted

I went and saw dr today. He said my lab work looked very good. This is just odd, last week for 4-5 days i had major muscle pain. I do have fibromyalgia, but i have never had such pains before and then the muscle pain goes away and get better. Now I am very fatigued and tired. Even if i sleep 6-8 hours and take naps, I am still tired. I usually train in the gym and do martial arts. I have mot trained or been in the gym all week. I went to class tonight. I was so fatigued I almost fell asleep in training.

I took my last amlodipine pill on 4/25. My CNS (central nervous system) is messed up and been like that for over 10 years.  I just have a feeling that this sudden fatigue has to be related to this pill. Meds can affect me for months, even if i stopped taking them....

it's just a waiting game now...hopefully things get better. I will still try to be active and exercise, even with this horrible fatigue...

Thanks for your reply...

• Posted

Hope you are feeling better..Many people with fibromyalgia have VERY LOW Vitamin D...Please have your GP get a number..For you it should be mid 30's to 40 minimum

Good luck my Friend.

• Posted

You got same-day lab work!  That's pretty rare in the US.

I had something some years ago, felt like absolute xxxx for weeks and months, doctors just shrugged, some variety of chronic fatigue syndrome, or maybe some obscure version of hepatitis, I never did find out.  But I wasn't on any prescription meds at all, so couldn't blame them!

• Posted

10mg of amlodipine makes my heart beat erratic bp is all over the place I feel weak and tired ,sweating from head profusely and feel a little detached I can't say much about pain and swelling in joints as I have inflammatory arthritis anyway .I've been on higher dose for a week and yesterday found my gums are sore! I'm going back down to 5mg !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.