severe food allergies

Posted , 2 users are following.

I am a 53 year old woman who is basically healthy.  I have an anomoly in clotting called Factor 2.  Since I had my first child 33 years ago, when I heard the doctor say something about a blood exchange and a coombs factor ( i was 19 and shell shocked) i have not been able to eat many foods primarily ones with protein.  I previously had not had any problem.  If I do eat these foods (meat, chicken, fish, eggs, dairy, soy, beans, rice, some veggies including squash, carrots, celery, fruits like apples and watermelen, all leafy vegatables etc), I immedietly get very ill and run to the bathroom.  Pain and exhaustion ensue.  I'm down to eating potatoes and corn and corn is not a food.  any suggestions? 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to read this. I have various food intolerances too.

​May I suggest getting checked out with an allergy clinic then seeing what you can eat.

​Best

• Posted

i have food allergy testing and have avoided eating the initial foods for over 3 years.  I have become more intolerant to more and more foods, including wheat, rye, barley etc and am now down to iceberg lettuce, potatoes and corn.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.