severe foot cramp

Posted , 4 users are following.

sorry, I seem to be posting alot lately but it's the only place where I get answers and support.

Big pain in my foot started yesterday evening and today I can barely walk. Wondering could it be linked to auto-immune hypothyroid? Can't go to my dr as I'm in the process of trying to find a new one. Very difficult with my 3 small kids!

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

And forgot to say that I've drastically reduced gluten in the last 5-7 days.
  • Posted

Hello Mary:

In the foot we have tendons and ligaments.  Many of them can get  over stretched and it makes a micro tear in the tissue.  You can use ice pads to calm it and stay off of it.

You can also try heat soaks and see if that helps. If it does not get better see a Podiatrist  (foot doctor).

I hope this helps,

Shelly

• Posted

Not a foot cramp right ?  Where is the pain?  Heel, toes, arch?  
    • Posted

It's when I flex my foot, the pain shoots out from under the foot up the outside ankle and up my leg. The pain kept me awake last night. Really don't want to go to the dr. Don't know what's best to do - wait a few days?
  • Posted

This sounds like a muscle cramp/spasm. Sometimes they get better if you walk around on the foot to get the spasm to settle down. I keep tonic water which is actually quinine water and just a few sips and my cramps stop. I also supplement with potassium pills, daily.  People say to eat bananas but that doesn't work for me.  If mine get really bad I use a heating pad...good luck!
    • Posted

Is it possible to be linked to having hashimoto hypothyroiditis? I'm rubbing arnica cream into it every so often which seems to help. How can something like this happen without any reason!?!
  • Posted

Mary I think our whole chemistry is messed up with hypo including water processing by our body. I've often heard of this problem on thyroid forums. I think you will be surprise how quickly a little tonic water and potassium get things back in balance.
    • Posted

I used to get bad leg cramps in my last pregnancy so drank alot of tonic water which eliminated it. This cramp now is nothing in comparison.

Wonder could it be linked to Levo. Would be nice to find a clearcut thing to blame especially since I've arrived at a wall as regards my treatment with my dr.

Off shopping tomorrow I guess!

Thank you.

• Posted

Well, had to go to the dr and it turns out its inflamed tendons. No idea how I got this as I barely move these days. rolleyes Treatment for a month.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.