Severe frozen shoulder

Posted , 3 users are following.

l saw the consultant at my local hospital on Tuesday. I have been advised that I require keyhole surgery on my left shoulder will I be knocked out while it is being done.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I have had x2 fs left and right and had key hole surgery to both. On both occasions I was given a general anaesthetic and when I awoke my arm was in a sling and numb for about 12hrs. Best thing I ever did by having this surgery! You have to work hard with the physio to regain all movement after but it is soooo worth it - I have my life back!!! Good luck 😃

• Posted

Hi Linda 37283 thanks for your kind message. I can't wait to get it sorted been suffering for too long nearly 6 months and getting worse. Just had to increase my doseage yet again and just been to the chemist to collect more Gabapentin oral solution as I can't swallow tablets. Just waiting to hear from Epsom General hospital in Surrey. for my appointment for surgery u I was told by the consultant it would be about 3 months. Worse thing for me is it is in my left shoulder and i am left handed so i can't do very much.

• Posted

Oh gosh 3 month waiting list? I was very lucky and was seen really quickly and operated on within 2 weeks......... I live in the West Midlands and to try and keep the waiting lists down my NHS consultant sent me to our private hospital which was fabulous! My consultant is a very understanding man and could see how much pain I was in............. He's an expert on fs!

I'm so sorry to hear you may have a long wait 😦 people just do not understand what fs does to your life........ I never found any pain killers that helped.... fs nearly drove me to suicide 😦

It does get better with time but I know this doesn't help when you are suffering .......sending gentle hugs.

• Posted

Thank you for your kind message I will just struggle and do my best. The worse thing is I am left handed and it is my left shoulder.

• Posted

I can completly identify with that because my first fs was also on my dominate side - it takes over your life and ruins it with pain 😦 stay positive.......

• Posted

Hi guys, I wish I could find a good doctor here who understands this condition. I am on my second fs. Trouble is I know the road ahead. Last time I had no idea and followed this forum daily. I know in my heart that I'll be wasting my time going to doctors. I was given a script for anti depressants and told I was making a drama out of it all last time! Needless to say I tore up the script and changed doctors! Anyway I'm hoping that this one doesn't last 12mths!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.