Severe frozen shoulder

Posted , 4 users are following.

l saw the consultant at my local hospital on Tuesday. I have been advised that I require keyhole surgery on my left shoulder will I be knocked out while it is being done.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

yes you should be, I have had this done on my left shoulder twice in the last year

• Posted

Hello Stephen, yes you will have general anaesthetic and possibly nerve block but it's worth it long term.... I had frozen shoulder 18 months ago I couldn't move my arm at all or lift it up and the pain was excruciating....... you should only be in over night and yr arm will feel numb for few hours but you must have physio as soon as possible I had my operation last December and my arm is back to normal it was hard work but so glad I had it done.... hope this helps

• Posted

Thanks I have been suffering with it now nearly 6 months. i am at the moment taking gabapentin oral solution now upto 18ml 3 times daily.

• Posted

I had surgery Feb 2018, I had a nerve block and general anesthesia. Surgery only took about 30 minutes, done as a outpatient. Started therapy the next day. Surgery was no big deal but the recovery was very rough, very very painful for about 5 days, after that things got better every day. You must do the therapy or there is a good chance it will freeze again. Well worth everything in the long run. I am still only about 80% but no comparison to before surgery. Good luck in making you decision, just remember it will go away on it's own, it may take years, try read old posts. Some people choose to wait it out rather than have surgery.

• Posted

Thanks for your reply Sandra but I am going for surgery, I have been suffering now for about 6 months. I just want it sorted out sooner rather than later. When I saw the consultant she said that about 3 months waiting time, I think I can wait that long but not much longer. I will keep up with the therapy afterwards. I went through something similar a few years back when I had keyhole surgery done on my right knee and again i had intensive therapy afterwards then also. Again many thanks

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.