severe head pain is driving me crazy!!!!

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have suffered from pain in the left side of my head since march 2011,,,,,,,,,,,,sometimes its unbearable and causes pain in my eye and effects my vision. The pain is worse on wakening and now in the last month, i have had two periods of unexplained vomiting that has occurred on a morning and on movement. Just to top it all off, i have now found that in eight weeks, my blood pressure has gone from normal to very high and is not reducing!!!!! I honestly feel that my Gp is not listening and cannot understand why i am angry, upset and scared!!!!! I have been waiting to see a neurologist and finally have an appointment in August .

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like you could be having Migraines. Good luck with the neurologist, well better luck than I had anyway.
  • Posted

classic migraine symptoms my youngest has had them since he was 5 bless him i thought i was having a stroke the first time i had one its horrid good luck with the appointment x
  • Posted

I had severe pain in my head for years and finally my doctor suggested an osteopath.

I have had 5 sessions and there is much improvement.

Doctors are limited in what they can do there are other alternatives.

• Posted

Lady Di - sounds like hypertension causing this. PLEASE get thee to a cardiologist PDQ. Symptoms, especially accompanied by vomiting, are 'classic' for an iminant TIA - stroke. You can ask your GP for a referrel - but meantime perhaps the neurologist has sorted? Hope so.

(I have the 'exact' same problems. Am going for an angio MRI +TSA Cerebral, next month. Am on anti-hyperttensive meds but throw vile reactions to the meds, so hypertension is not under good control).

Take care - Go well

• Posted

thanks everyone for your replies and suggestions. I am finding it so hard and tiring at the moment, as i feel i am constantly doing battle with the medical profession. The neurologist suspects i may have a rare condition involving the lining of my brain which causes inflammation and infection. It has been caused by three injections into my lower back ( for lower back pain due to five damaged discs)and an injection into my neck( for pain due to two bulging herniated discs). The last session of injections was in may so it is now suspected, that this caused an infection in the lining of my brain and thus the vomiting and sky high blood pressure. I am now awaiting a brain scan with contrast but am still having to constantly ring my consultant to basically tell him his job cos at the mo he's sure not doing it!!!!!!! I was a registered nurse for many years and hate being at this side..........sure as hell does intimidate the doc's though when i ask questions and challenge them!!!!! If i am diagnosed with the suspected condition, it is incurable and debilitating and i have to learn to live with it and manage the pain.I have been using morphine patches since march but they don't improve the constant pain in my head. I am........Frustrated.
  • Posted

I think I have the same as you I thought it was my BP

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.